turning seven

The aging process continues for everybody – you and I included.

Birthday blessings to our 2nd child as TC turns seven years old today.  Minhee and I are so proud and privileged to be parents to our three children.  They are sources of great joy and hope in our lives.

TC has a special place in our hearts as she was born at one of the most difficult periods of our lives.  We had left our previous church and was unsure how Quest would unfold – if at all.  Nothing I had planned seemed to be coming to fruition and I began to grow angry and questioned God’s presence and faitfulness in my life.  Around the time of TC’s birth, I had no job, no income, no insurance, no motivation, and no idea what the future would hold.   But when she was born, it was so emotional as we sensed the Holy Spirit communicating to us that God hadn’t forsaken us…

Two weeks after she was born, we hosted the first info gathering at our home and began a weekly community group in January 2001.  In In the first few months of planting Quest Church, I still remember preaching on Sundays with TC on my back.   How fast time flies.

trinitysmiling.jpg

Filed under: family

1. Ryan Roberts says:

Mr. Cho,

Thanks for your blog. I read it regularly and often find your posts enlightening and encouraging.
    What a cutie you have there.
    I am an Idahoan living in Daejeon, South Korea. My wife and I have two daughters, ages 13 and 11 and time surely does fly. Savor the moments. We are enjoying our days here living and working in South Korea.
    Keep up the good work.
    Ryan Roberts

2. Kris says:

What a cutie she is! Your story reminds me a bit of Scot and my story in that just days after the birth of our first child, Laura, Scot came home from work and told me he had lost his job. (Long story, but he was working at a factory that made plastic cups, and he basically broke the machine that he was in charge of to the tune of many thousands of dollars. Clearly machine work was not his gifting.) It was the first week after Laura’s birth and Scot was in seminary. It had to be all up hill after that, huh?
    Blessings on your little girl.

3. Jean says:

Happy Birthday to your little one. My youngest just turned two in November.
    🙂

4. insipid "g" says:

happy birthday!!!
    tell your dad to reimburse me for that first gathering pizza i bought!

5. Wayne Park says:

THis… sounds familiar.. and encouraging.. DId you write this post for us up at Bellingham?

6. Carol says:

Happy Birthday T!🙂 enjoy your day & thanks for all your lovely, bright smiles :)!!

7. so cute!!! and i’m sure we’re not all just saying that out of politeness!

that sounds very similar to our church situation (kinda hard to trust God when we have all these expectations of where we “should” be). but God has not forgotten us…

8. bolim says:

Happy B-day to TC! Looks like mom there. Micah arrived (unplanned) 2nd year of my PhD program (w/o scholarship I might add), 1st year teaching at North Park, and me as the sole bread winner b/c Sarah quit teaching to stay home (and I was hoping she was going to pay my through school!). Seems they often do not arrive at times convenient for us. That reminds me, Sarah is due any day now.

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16