holiday plans?

It’s the holidays.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are already here and before you know it, we’ll be ushering in 2008.  Actually, Christmas was here since mid-August at Costco which is ludicrous but that’s another story.

A simple question to the readers of this blog – in hopes that readers but non-commenters would take the plunge and share even this one tidbit of information.  It’s nothing intimidating.

What are your Thanksgiving and/or Christmas plans this year?  Who’s staying?  Who’s going where?  And if you’re staying, where is “here?”  Who’s leaving the country?  Who has the most exciting plans?

As for my family and I, I’m staying put for both Thanksgiving and Christmas which is great but might try to sneak another trip for couple nights to my faithful destination – Vancouver, British Columbia.

Filed under: family, travel

1. Tommy says:

Nothing exotic but going back to see parents in Southern California over Christmas.

2. Staying in Seattle and enjoying a relaxing dinner with siblings-in-law. Not the most exciting plans but it’ll sure be nice.

3. Dustin says:

Going over to the folks house up in Shoreline

4. (I am one of the readers but non-commenters. Okay, not frequent commenter…)

As you know, we are coming back to the US. It looks like we will live in the Chicago area. A home was found for us in Wheaton, IL, so that’s where will be for Christmas.

5. For thanksgiving we’re going to my sister-in-laws place in Gig Harbor, just our two families for their first major holiday in Washington. Christmas will see both sides of the family at our place over here on the peninsula.

6. Megan says:

Heading to my parents’ house in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Haven’t been there for 2 years, and am still not quite sure how I’m getting there (plane or car). Christmas in Seattle…up on the Snoqualmie Ridge to be specific…with boyfriend’s family.

7. Kim says:

My family (and my 2 cheesecakes, cranberry dressing, broccoli casserole and date-nut bread) will be driving an hour to my parents’ house in Watertown, CT – where we’ll join my folks, sister, brother and their families -and the kids will be in cousin-heaven! 20 people around the table, complete chaos – I look forward to this every year!🙂

8. e cho says:

To clarify, Leonid is returning to Chicago from St. Petersburg, Russia. Are you going to visit Seattle at all?

I’m hoping for some snow here in Seattle FWIW. I miss that about the East Coast.

9. Will go out to Long Island, NY to visit sister, brother in law, niece and mom for Thanksgiving, Dad and his girlfriend at our Brooklyn apartment on Saturday. Christmas is still up in the air – we may host part of it at our place and spend the rest of the time shuttling between family homes in Brooklyn, Queens and LI.

10. Deanne says:

Staying in Good’ol Seattle. Thanksgiving in Bremerton with the bro’s family but really here for the holidays.

11. Gina says:

Thanksgiving at home in Memphis.

12. david says:

thanksgiving will be spent at the in-laws as well as my sisters, for christmas 7 kids, 10 adults, all family, will fly to reunite with other family in philly.🙂

13. leochen says:

Tina Kim is throwing a huge binge party for Thanksgiving so I’ll be there for sure… wait, was that suppose to be secret? Christmas will be spent at work, saving lives! ha ha =)

14. Christine says:

We’ll be spending Thanksgiving with grandparents here in Oregon. Small, but sweet.

15. nick says:

This Thanksgiving I’ll be in Kyoto viewing the beautiful fall colors. And for Christmas, eating some delicious food in Hong Kong. Nothing fancy.

16. Todd says:

Heading to Chicago then to wisconsin to spend time with family (family is from chicago, we havea time share in wisconsin)…

so far the trip has been eventful… or something like that:

17. laurakt says:

I’m going to play, “tourist in my home town” and visit all the places in Seattle that I would if I were on vacation here.

18. e cho says:

nick: right…nothing fancy at all.

19. Joseon says:

i’ll be with family, maybe travel to some cool east coast states, and play with the family dog (Jindo kae!)

20. Sarah says:

Hi PE,

Just wanted to chime in and say that this is the FIRST TIME I haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving! No pumpkin pie this year, which makes me extremely depressed. No overeating either, which is a plus.

Anyway, I’m still thankful for friends and family from afar. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah

21. e cho says:

sarah:
    thanks for dropping by. you and joel are missed here in the northwest. be well in china. we may try to swing by next summer…

22. Essy says:

Hey PE,

I’ll be going home to the TriCities for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did come home early for the Apple Cup, but that was a bit of a disappointment! My family and I will be spending a week or so together for Christmas, playing games (we are REALLY into Rummikub), watching The Office (which I proudly got them hooked on during Thanksgiving break), and having a good time!

23. leochen says:

That food at Tina Kims Thanksgiving was the bomb, as in a bad bomb. Don’t cook again😛

Today, Minhee and I dropped off our eldest child at her college. We have been thinking and praying about this day for many years. On some days, we hoped it would never come. On other days, we couldn't wait for it to come. On some days, we prayed for time to stop and other days, we prayed with anticipation.

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16

I still remember that time, many years ago, when Minhee was pregnant with our first child. She had left her family and friends in Korea just two years before. Her morning sickness was horrible and when she finally had an appetite, she craved her favorite Korean food from certain restaurants in her neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. I had no way of getting that food from those restaurants so I actually said, "How about a Whopper? Big Mac?" Sorry honey. Eat away. You deserve it. I don't care if it sounds mushy but sunsets are one of my love languages. Seoul, Korea was amazing but WOW...what a breathtaking welcome back sunset by Seattle. Not ready to let go of summer. Seattle. 7:00pm. Desperately holding on to summer. #goldengardenpark #nofilter Happy Birthday, Minhee! I'm so grateful for you. You radiate faith, hope, and love.  No...you don't complete me. That would be silly and simply humanly impossible but you keep pointing me and our family to Christ who informs and transforms our lives, marriage, family, and ministry. Thanks for being so faithful. I love you so much. (* And what a gift to be in Korea together.)