ms. teen south carolina and geography

I feel bad even posting this video but after an intense work of hard labor, renovation, emails about pews and chairs, and other blah blah blah, I needed a good laugh.  And wow, this video of Miss Teen South Carolina at the recent pageant is pretty hilarious.

She was asked what she thought about a poll that stated that 1 out of 5 Americans couldn’t locate where the US is located on a world map.  Her answer:

I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh…people out there in our nation don’t have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and…I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our…

I’m sure that Miss Teen South Carolina is a sweet gal.  In fact, I’m so glad to hear that many of her friends and family have emerged to extend their sincere support and friendship.  That’s cool.   And for whatever reason, I’ve got this feeling that some really good things are ahead for her life.  She’s also shown great maturity in handling this situation:

“Everything did come at me at once. I was overwhelmed and I made a mistake. Everybody makes a mistake. I’m human,” she said Tuesday. “I seriously think I only heard about one or two words of the actual question.”

We’ve all had moments like this so our character is evident in how we respond.  She’s done great.  I’m sure she’ll bounce back, look back and have a good laugh.

Filed under: entertainment

1. Helen says:

Yeah, it was pretty hilarious and I felt bad for laughing but she’s handling it so well. She definitely is showing her maturity. Good for her. This happens to all of us. It’s how we respond as you said.

2. gar says:

Don’t feel bad. I posted it too… haha.

3. Blake says:

Yeah, I laughed pretty hard too. But she definitely has handled it with poise and maturity. Besides, she lost and has still received more media coverage than the winner. (Miss Colorado, was it?) As they say, there’s no such thing as bad publicity.😉 Long term I think she’ll come out on top after this.

4. honjii says:

I didn’t see or hear her “damage control” but I’m sure in the interim hours she had plenty of coaching on how to respond with the proper spin. I think the video is hilarious and have no doubt she is sweetheart, but still really is the bimbo she appears to be. Even if she only heard two words of the question (as claimed) that doesn’t explain her disjointed and idiotic, Bush-like response.

5. Blake says:

I dunno, Honjii… I read a few articles out there on the newswire that said she was an AP/honors student in high school, plus this was her first experience on TV period. Doesn’t sound so bimbo to me. Granted, she really didn’t help herself with all the filler-words and the awkwardly placed “such as,” but I don’t know if I’d use the term “bimbo.”🙂 Maybe I just feel for the girl because I’m a blond as well and I feel obligated to defend her.😉 lol.

6. peachgirl11 says:

that’s hilarious!

7. erichenderson says:

A follow-up from miss west carolina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUE1Cu04Jzo

8. coffee says:

Miss Teen South Carolina answered that question badly, but she’s still got her looks to fall back on…