bad hair day

Don’t fret if you’re having a bad hair day.  The pic below will lift your spirits.  My hair gets out of control if I don’t normally use some sort of hair product to control it.  It’s sinful, depraved, rebellious, and needs healing.

My hair on a bad day has been linked to Saddam Hussein’s hair when he was captured; NBA superstar Ben Wallace’s hair when he scores 3 points; and Pan from Greek mythology. But my favorite hair comparison is to Keith Green back in the day…which is a great compliment in my books.

Brace yourself for the bad hair day picture.  If I could, I’d grow it all out and get dreadlocks…

picture-6.jpg

Filed under: entertainment

1. Dennis says:

That’s not bad hair day.
    That, dude, is seriously scary.

2. Dennis says:

Oh, I’d like to donate some funds to “Buy Eugene some Hair Products” fundraiser.

3. gar says:

Haha, don’t you know Korean people can grow dreadlocks too?

You could be just like the Korean reggae artist SKULL…

…but without the gigantic tatt of Africa and a Lion.

4. engtech says:

That isn’t bad hair, that’s frickin’ awesome hair.

5. kent says:

Whoa, wow, huh….well now. Yeah…yikes. Okay…

6. Blake says:

lol. Yeah, mine does something similar right after I get out of the shower when I haven’t had it cut in two months… holy cow, it’s like I’ve got a blonde fireball on my head. 😉

7. Shaula says:

I say go for the dreads. 🙂

8. Kris says:

Yikes – that is bad. Maybe try braiding it??? Do you have to warn your wife and kids when you wake up to the bad hair day???
    Ha ha. Glad we can laugh at ourselves.

9. Eugene,

You mock those of us who are bald. I’d die for a bad hair day!

10. e cho says:

Scot,

Yeah. I guess I was mocking you and others. 🙂
    But bald is sexy.

11. Teresa says:

HAHAHAHAHA that made my day

12. e cho says:

john,
    don’t hate me because i’m beautiful…

13. Ben says:

u look like jesus

14. Brian says:

that’s a good look for those “so, you want to date my daughter?” days that lie ahead for you…but, may it be MANY years before you have to face that. 🙂

15. Todd says:

personally, i am jealous!

Window seat. For the win. As leaders, we must not see ministry and family as competing commitments.  We must not sacrifice our marriage and kids for the sake of "ministry." How can we? Loving our families IS ministry & good leadership.

And on a side note, we took this goofy photo for Mother's Day last Sunday at @seattlequest. I was shocked! What in the world happened to our kids? Our 13 year old son blocked four of my shots on the basketball court yesterday. He's since been grounded... I fear that we ask God to move mountains, forgetting that God also wants to move us.

In fact, it's possible that we are that mountain. Time flies. The eldest is wrapping up her 1st year in college and the college tours have begun for the 2nd child. The youngest enters high school in the Fall. Can't say enough about how proud Minhee and I are of the kids - not just of their accomplishments but the people they are and are becoming.

But...man...we can't wait to party it up when we're emptynesters. Party at our house. It's going to be epic. Humbled. Grateful. Mindful of God's grace and faithfulness in my life. It's all grace... It's an unexpected honor to be invited back - even with some mini-drama - to @princetonseminary to receive the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award - exactly 25 years after starting my journey there as a student in 1992. Wow.

Princeton isn't necessarily for everyone. And to say that I loved everything about my experience would be misleading but it was very formative. Ir challenged me to examine why I believed in what I believed. It reminded me that God could handle my questions. It prepared me for a post-Christian context where I am not entitled to be heard but I had to earn the right to be heard, and of course, it taught me that all is good with a Philly cheese steak at Hoagie Haven.

No one is an island to themselves and I am certainly an example of that. Many people - women and men, young and old, and of many backgrounds - prayed, encouraged, mentored, and loved me along the way. Grateful for my professors at seminary, my many classmates, and the numerous fellow staff and co-laborers I've had the privilege of serving Christ with past and present. And of course, I'm forever inspired by my parents, my children, and my wife, Minhee. Thank you for your faith, hope, and love...and oh, for your patience. Only your family will know and see both the best and worst of you. They've seen my worst...and keep on believing in me.

Thank you again, PTS and President Barnes, for this honor. Then, today, and tomorrow...by God's grace, just striving to be faithful to my Lord and Savior...to preach and live out the convictions of the whole Gospel. Amen. So humbled and grateful to be with @catalystleader in Cincinnati to encourage leaders from all around the country about the invitation to Uncommon Fellowship.

Preached from John 4. We can talk, preach, sing, philsophize, liturgize, and spit rhymes about Samaria...but we still have to talk through Samaria.

• Heartbroken. Praying for Manchester & the UK. For those mourning loved ones. For those injured and fighting for life. Lord, in your mercy. || 10 hours ago
  • Window seat. For the win. https://t.co/yG66Sm2bvu || 2 days ago
  • As leaders, we must not sacrifice our family for the sake of ministry because loving our family IS good leadership: instagram.com/p/BUVAGVwg-5z/ || 2 days ago
  • We long for a Gospel that comforts but resist the Gospel that disrupts. Having the former without the latter seduces us into complacency. || 2 days ago
  • Love wins in the end but in the meanwhile,it fights for things that matter. Love isn't sentimental. It's both gentle & fierce. Love endures. || 3 days ago
  • This is what we love to do. Empowering local, indigenous leaders to serve their own communities. Thanks for your su… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 days ago