bad hair day

Don’t fret if you’re having a bad hair day.  The pic below will lift your spirits.  My hair gets out of control if I don’t normally use some sort of hair product to control it.  It’s sinful, depraved, rebellious, and needs healing.

My hair on a bad day has been linked to Saddam Hussein’s hair when he was captured; NBA superstar Ben Wallace’s hair when he scores 3 points; and Pan from Greek mythology. But my favorite hair comparison is to Keith Green back in the day…which is a great compliment in my books.

Brace yourself for the bad hair day picture.  If I could, I’d grow it all out and get dreadlocks…

picture-6.jpg

Filed under: entertainment

1. Dennis says:

That’s not bad hair day.
    That, dude, is seriously scary.

2. Dennis says:

Oh, I’d like to donate some funds to “Buy Eugene some Hair Products” fundraiser.

3. gar says:

Haha, don’t you know Korean people can grow dreadlocks too?

You could be just like the Korean reggae artist SKULL…

…but without the gigantic tatt of Africa and a Lion.

4. engtech says:

That isn’t bad hair, that’s frickin’ awesome hair.

5. kent says:

Whoa, wow, huh….well now. Yeah…yikes. Okay…

6. Blake says:

lol. Yeah, mine does something similar right after I get out of the shower when I haven’t had it cut in two months… holy cow, it’s like I’ve got a blonde fireball on my head. 😉

7. Shaula says:

I say go for the dreads. 🙂

8. Kris says:

Yikes – that is bad. Maybe try braiding it??? Do you have to warn your wife and kids when you wake up to the bad hair day???
    Ha ha. Glad we can laugh at ourselves.

9. Eugene,

You mock those of us who are bald. I’d die for a bad hair day!

10. e cho says:

Scot,

Yeah. I guess I was mocking you and others. 🙂
    But bald is sexy.

11. Teresa says:

HAHAHAHAHA that made my day

12. e cho says:

john,
    don’t hate me because i’m beautiful…

13. Ben says:

u look like jesus

14. Brian says:

that’s a good look for those “so, you want to date my daughter?” days that lie ahead for you…but, may it be MANY years before you have to face that. 🙂

15. Todd says:

personally, i am jealous!

Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease There's nothing selfish about rest and self-care. We can't give what we don't have. Experience life and we'll be life-giving to others. Amen.

#NoteToSelf