thanks to a few emails, got curious and took the plunge into facebook for a test drive. i enjoy connecting through this blog and try to devote half hour several days/week to share some thoughts so i was reticent to try out this facebook thingie mainly because of time management issues.
so, as i’m playing around with facebook, i [think i] like the features but i can’t quite get a grasp on it. fwiw, here’s my facebook ID. for you facebook experts or addicts, here are some questions:
- why does it seem so busy with news, feeds, applications, etc?
- why am i getting news of people sharing that they’re doing their nails?
- is there a way to limit or even delete the majority of feeds?
- is there any privacy? can one be completely invisible in facebook without deleting their account? it’s weird to see that people have written something on someone’s walls…
- why do you like using facebook?
- and why is this self-valued at 2 billion dollars?
my status: trying to figure out what the heck facebook does. feel old looking through myspace and still feel old using facebook.
technology and social networking: what a world we live in. it’s amazing.