seattle best eats?

Minhee and I don’t get to eat out too much.  Lugging around three kids limit our options a little.  For us, gourmet food is pho shizzle.  So, when guests and visitors ask us for our recommendations where to eat, we run out after couple contributions. So, we need some help:

• Best or favorite places to eat in larger Seattle area?
  • Most romantic places to eat for couples?
  • Best kid friendly places?

Filed under: seattle

1. Tim Sneath says:

Denny’s, of course 🙂

2. Blake says:

Mexican: (All food is delicious and restaurants are family friendly)
    – Rosita’s Mexican Restaurant (Greenlake – Woodlawn & 72nd)
    – Tacos Guaymas (In Fremont , Greenlake, elsewhere)

Most Romantic:
    – Been a while since I’ve needed somewhere romantic, but my last serious girlfriend and I really enjoyed “La Rustica” in West Seattle, just south of Alki.

Kid Friendly:
    – Chuck E Cheese!!!
    – Anywhere where stuff isn’t breakable 😉

3. Dan K. says:

Best Eats: Matador, anything seafood around Lake Union, International District

Most Romantic: Space Needle, Palisades

Kid Friendly: Cheesecake

4. Kay says:

Here’s my two cents:

Umi Sushi (fantastic happy hour prices on food, and if you sit in the front “patio” area, it runs until 8PM)
    Mexican: Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard
    Romantic and charming and wonderful food: Marjorie’s in Belltown
    Romantic AND kid-friendly: Serafina’s in Eastlake (complete with crayon box for drawing, and totally cater to making whatever it is you think your kid will eat)
    Fantastic food and interesting menu: Lark in Cap Hill
    Late night eats: Honey Court in the I.D. (I think they serve food til 3AM on weekend nights, if not every single night)
    Best chili-cheese fries: 5-point cafe (but shady, and definitely not kid-friendly)
    Volterra in Ballard == yummmmm…..
    Zoe in Belltown == YUMMMMMM…….
    Secret fun dining experience in Pioneer Square: DeNunzio’s. You go in and they ask if you eat “everything” and then proceed to bring out 4-5 courses of food that the chef wants to make for you. It’s kinda underground, cool and funky art on the walls, lots of personality…. really like most of the food….but of course run the risk when you don’t actually order from a menu.
    Fun new place to get a great little pizza: Serious Pie (4th & Stewart)

Also, really curious about the French-Korean place that opened up in Madison Park!

I could go on, but well… that seems like a reasonable start…

5. CV says:

Okay, we don’t live in Seattle, but love Flying Fish down on 2nd (north of Pike St). We order multiple appetizers instead of a full meal.

6. Blake says:

If you like cheap burgers and good German eats/brews, the People’s Pub in Ballard on Ballard Ave is awesome. It’s my regular spot. 🙂

The front half of the pub is an all-ages restaurant that is actually pretty kid-friendly because they they have several board games, chess/checker boards and such. Good times! Besides, you can’t beat the $5.50 happy hour burger. It’s seriously one of the best I’ve had in Seattle.

7. Sarah says:

Gotta love the Malay Satay Hut! 2 locations to serve.
    Also…
    Tamarind Tree – the last time we went it was crazy busy but it’s still great food for a great price.
    Pasta Freska (the same concept as DeNunzio’s, only I think Pasta Freska was there first)
    La Rustica – already recommended
    Pegasus Pizza (also on Alki) – great pizzas!
    Six Seven is a super romantic place. Right on the pier, and superb food. Pricey though!

8. e cho says:

thanks folks. i’m going to just have guests visit this entry.

sarah: is malay the place that catered your wedding? best wedding food thus far.

9. Ted says:

One word: Gordito’s

10. m@ says:

Rocking Wok! Rocking Wok!

11. Sarah says:

Yeah, Malay Satay Hut served the food at our wedding. I’m glad that nobody’s topped us yet! Heh.

I don’t know how you feel about durian, but they make a mean durian shake. It’s only available during the summers though.

There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease