seattle best eats?

Minhee and I don’t get to eat out too much.  Lugging around three kids limit our options a little.  For us, gourmet food is pho shizzle.  So, when guests and visitors ask us for our recommendations where to eat, we run out after couple contributions. So, we need some help:

• Best or favorite places to eat in larger Seattle area?
  • Most romantic places to eat for couples?
  • Best kid friendly places?

Filed under: seattle

1. Tim Sneath says:

Denny’s, of course 🙂

2. Blake says:

Mexican: (All food is delicious and restaurants are family friendly)
    – Rosita’s Mexican Restaurant (Greenlake – Woodlawn & 72nd)
    – Tacos Guaymas (In Fremont , Greenlake, elsewhere)

Most Romantic:
    – Been a while since I’ve needed somewhere romantic, but my last serious girlfriend and I really enjoyed “La Rustica” in West Seattle, just south of Alki.

Kid Friendly:
    – Chuck E Cheese!!!
    – Anywhere where stuff isn’t breakable 😉

3. Dan K. says:

Best Eats: Matador, anything seafood around Lake Union, International District

Most Romantic: Space Needle, Palisades

Kid Friendly: Cheesecake

4. Kay says:

Here’s my two cents:

Umi Sushi (fantastic happy hour prices on food, and if you sit in the front “patio” area, it runs until 8PM)
    Mexican: Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard
    Romantic and charming and wonderful food: Marjorie’s in Belltown
    Romantic AND kid-friendly: Serafina’s in Eastlake (complete with crayon box for drawing, and totally cater to making whatever it is you think your kid will eat)
    Fantastic food and interesting menu: Lark in Cap Hill
    Late night eats: Honey Court in the I.D. (I think they serve food til 3AM on weekend nights, if not every single night)
    Best chili-cheese fries: 5-point cafe (but shady, and definitely not kid-friendly)
    Volterra in Ballard == yummmmm…..
    Zoe in Belltown == YUMMMMMM…….
    Secret fun dining experience in Pioneer Square: DeNunzio’s. You go in and they ask if you eat “everything” and then proceed to bring out 4-5 courses of food that the chef wants to make for you. It’s kinda underground, cool and funky art on the walls, lots of personality…. really like most of the food….but of course run the risk when you don’t actually order from a menu.
    Fun new place to get a great little pizza: Serious Pie (4th & Stewart)

Also, really curious about the French-Korean place that opened up in Madison Park!

I could go on, but well… that seems like a reasonable start…

5. CV says:

Okay, we don’t live in Seattle, but love Flying Fish down on 2nd (north of Pike St). We order multiple appetizers instead of a full meal.

6. Blake says:

If you like cheap burgers and good German eats/brews, the People’s Pub in Ballard on Ballard Ave is awesome. It’s my regular spot. 🙂

The front half of the pub is an all-ages restaurant that is actually pretty kid-friendly because they they have several board games, chess/checker boards and such. Good times! Besides, you can’t beat the $5.50 happy hour burger. It’s seriously one of the best I’ve had in Seattle.

7. Sarah says:

Gotta love the Malay Satay Hut! 2 locations to serve.
    Also…
    Tamarind Tree – the last time we went it was crazy busy but it’s still great food for a great price.
    Pasta Freska (the same concept as DeNunzio’s, only I think Pasta Freska was there first)
    La Rustica – already recommended
    Pegasus Pizza (also on Alki) – great pizzas!
    Six Seven is a super romantic place. Right on the pier, and superb food. Pricey though!

8. e cho says:

thanks folks. i’m going to just have guests visit this entry.

sarah: is malay the place that catered your wedding? best wedding food thus far.

9. Ted says:

One word: Gordito’s

10. m@ says:

Rocking Wok! Rocking Wok!

11. Sarah says:

Yeah, Malay Satay Hut served the food at our wedding. I’m glad that nobody’s topped us yet! Heh.

I don’t know how you feel about durian, but they make a mean durian shake. It’s only available during the summers though.

These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ. Playoffs! Let's go #11. Point Guard. Living my hoop dreams through my girl.

pc: ed tanaka Following Jesus is not just about going to church. It also involves repenting, seeking justice, loving kindness, walking humbly, feeding the poor, clothing the naked, speaking up for the voiceless, welcoming the refugee, and fighting for the rights of vulnerable. Sometimes, it's scary but Jesus nevertheless commands, "Follow me." Be brave.