bank of america karaoke nonsense

i am tempted to go and cancel my BofA account. Perhaps, this was meant to be a ‘ice-breaker’ or a spoof but with such a serious introduction, way too serious singing, and a standing ovation afterwards, this is pure nonsense and a sign of the apocalypse.

BofA has merged with MBNA leading these two employees to take one of U2’s song, ‘one’, and change the lyrics to, “one bank, one card, one name that’s known all over the world…”

kinda funny. kinda not. i really don’t know if i should laugh, vomit, or write bad checks.  but the comedy spoof on this is hilarious.

Filed under:

1. Unjin Lee says:

Are you freaking joking me? seriously. I could not even get through the first verse. Bono, how could this happen???

2. Rebecca says:

Well, you can come see me when you cancel that account. Just don’t get me started on BofA…

3. Jeff says:

Rebecca drumming up business eh?

4. eugenecho says:

rebecca,
    i’m curious. get started on BofA. what does the industry think of them?

5. Rebecca says:

Well, the joke is that BofA stands for bank of abuse. My experience with both customers and employees that have left BofA is that it is a big, impersonal institution. They have acquired a lot of smaller banks over the years, and they are considered a much stronger bank financially than say, WaMu or Key Bank. So there is respect for the strength of the company, but not the level of service. They also have very high turnover in their employees, which is not a good trend.

I’ve got lots of stories about specific situations, like when my new teller went to a BofA branch to close her account, and not only did she wait for 20 mins, the manager didn’t close it, and then when she checked her account online, she found that he had booked a new credit card for her (without her permission). But everyone has banking horror stories, right? It comes with the territory.

6. m@ says:

Good God.

Unjin, did you catch the “unnnnunnnn, oooooh oooooh” after verse #1? That was where I went cross-eyed.

BECU is my friend, really.

You can do it, sun. Break through the clouds. I love her. Saturday morning date at Pike Market with @minheejcho. Enjoying the final day of sun before 6 months of rain and gray. Not lol'ing. Some of my moat memorable travels have been to Myanmar (otherwise known as Burma). In fact, the vision of @onedayswages began on my first visit to this country in 2006. On a recent visit, I began learning about the Rohingya people. Sadly, it has escalated to horrendous, genocidal proportions.

Thus far, about 500,000 people have been driven out from Myanmar through violence...with most going to Bangledesh...regulated to a massive refugee camp. Stateless. Undocumented. Minority groups. Dehumanized. Homes and villages destroyed. And so much more unspeakable atrocities.

Yes, it's complex and messy. It always is. But the root of this injustice as the case for so much brokeness in the world is the sin of dehumanizing one anotber as..."the other." May we see each person, including the Rohingya people, as one who is created in the image of God. It's the truth and the remedy to the incessant dehumanization that goes on in our world.

Lord, in your mercy. The obedience of discipleship which includes the work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Create healthy rhythms. Don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Friends, don't give up. Press on. In the midst of so much chaos in the world, may we continue to cling to the hope of the whole Gospel. May we cling unto Jesus:

Way maker!
Miracle worker!
Promise keeper!
Light in the darkness!
That is who You are!

What an encounter with the Holy Spirit at @seattlequest today. Grateful for our worship team, the gospel choir, and the Audio/Visual team. Thank you Matt, Teresita, and Chris. Please thank all the volunteers for us. .
The world is broken.
But God is not yet done.
God's work of restoration