bank of america karaoke nonsense

i am tempted to go and cancel my BofA account. Perhaps, this was meant to be a ‘ice-breaker’ or a spoof but with such a serious introduction, way too serious singing, and a standing ovation afterwards, this is pure nonsense and a sign of the apocalypse.

BofA has merged with MBNA leading these two employees to take one of U2’s song, ‘one’, and change the lyrics to, “one bank, one card, one name that’s known all over the world…”

kinda funny. kinda not. i really don’t know if i should laugh, vomit, or write bad checks.  but the comedy spoof on this is hilarious.

Filed under:

1. Unjin Lee says:

Are you freaking joking me? seriously. I could not even get through the first verse. Bono, how could this happen???

2. Rebecca says:

Well, you can come see me when you cancel that account. Just don’t get me started on BofA…

3. Jeff says:

Rebecca drumming up business eh?

4. eugenecho says:

rebecca,
    i’m curious. get started on BofA. what does the industry think of them?

5. Rebecca says:

Well, the joke is that BofA stands for bank of abuse. My experience with both customers and employees that have left BofA is that it is a big, impersonal institution. They have acquired a lot of smaller banks over the years, and they are considered a much stronger bank financially than say, WaMu or Key Bank. So there is respect for the strength of the company, but not the level of service. They also have very high turnover in their employees, which is not a good trend.

I’ve got lots of stories about specific situations, like when my new teller went to a BofA branch to close her account, and not only did she wait for 20 mins, the manager didn’t close it, and then when she checked her account online, she found that he had booked a new credit card for her (without her permission). But everyone has banking horror stories, right? It comes with the territory.

6. m@ says:

Good God.

Unjin, did you catch the “unnnnunnnn, oooooh oooooh” after verse #1? That was where I went cross-eyed.

BECU is my friend, really.

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.