bank of america karaoke nonsense

i am tempted to go and cancel my BofA account. Perhaps, this was meant to be a ‘ice-breaker’ or a spoof but with such a serious introduction, way too serious singing, and a standing ovation afterwards, this is pure nonsense and a sign of the apocalypse.

BofA has merged with MBNA leading these two employees to take one of U2’s song, ‘one’, and change the lyrics to, “one bank, one card, one name that’s known all over the world…”

kinda funny. kinda not. i really don’t know if i should laugh, vomit, or write bad checks.  but the comedy spoof on this is hilarious.

Filed under:

1. Unjin Lee says:

Are you freaking joking me? seriously. I could not even get through the first verse. Bono, how could this happen???

2. Rebecca says:

Well, you can come see me when you cancel that account. Just don’t get me started on BofA…

3. Jeff says:

Rebecca drumming up business eh?

4. eugenecho says:

rebecca,
    i’m curious. get started on BofA. what does the industry think of them?

5. Rebecca says:

Well, the joke is that BofA stands for bank of abuse. My experience with both customers and employees that have left BofA is that it is a big, impersonal institution. They have acquired a lot of smaller banks over the years, and they are considered a much stronger bank financially than say, WaMu or Key Bank. So there is respect for the strength of the company, but not the level of service. They also have very high turnover in their employees, which is not a good trend.

I’ve got lots of stories about specific situations, like when my new teller went to a BofA branch to close her account, and not only did she wait for 20 mins, the manager didn’t close it, and then when she checked her account online, she found that he had booked a new credit card for her (without her permission). But everyone has banking horror stories, right? It comes with the territory.

6. m@ says:

Good God.

Unjin, did you catch the “unnnnunnnn, oooooh oooooh” after verse #1? That was where I went cross-eyed.

BECU is my friend, really.

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• RT @EugeneCho: We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that rest… || 13 hours ago
  • Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 2 days ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 2 days ago
  • They play against my Seahawks tomorrow but who cares. What a privilege to preach the Gospel at the Carolina Panther… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 days ago
  • We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that restoration. #advent || 3 days ago
  • Washington Huskies. 2016 PAC-12 Champs! #WOOF || 4 days ago