bank of america karaoke nonsense

i am tempted to go and cancel my BofA account. Perhaps, this was meant to be a ‘ice-breaker’ or a spoof but with such a serious introduction, way too serious singing, and a standing ovation afterwards, this is pure nonsense and a sign of the apocalypse.

BofA has merged with MBNA leading these two employees to take one of U2’s song, ‘one’, and change the lyrics to, “one bank, one card, one name that’s known all over the world…”

kinda funny. kinda not. i really don’t know if i should laugh, vomit, or write bad checks.  but the comedy spoof on this is hilarious.

Filed under:

1. Unjin Lee says:

Are you freaking joking me? seriously. I could not even get through the first verse. Bono, how could this happen???

2. Rebecca says:

Well, you can come see me when you cancel that account. Just don’t get me started on BofA…

3. Jeff says:

Rebecca drumming up business eh?

4. eugenecho says:

rebecca,
    i’m curious. get started on BofA. what does the industry think of them?

5. Rebecca says:

Well, the joke is that BofA stands for bank of abuse. My experience with both customers and employees that have left BofA is that it is a big, impersonal institution. They have acquired a lot of smaller banks over the years, and they are considered a much stronger bank financially than say, WaMu or Key Bank. So there is respect for the strength of the company, but not the level of service. They also have very high turnover in their employees, which is not a good trend.

I’ve got lots of stories about specific situations, like when my new teller went to a BofA branch to close her account, and not only did she wait for 20 mins, the manager didn’t close it, and then when she checked her account online, she found that he had booked a new credit card for her (without her permission). But everyone has banking horror stories, right? It comes with the territory.

6. m@ says:

Good God.

Unjin, did you catch the “unnnnunnnn, oooooh oooooh” after verse #1? That was where I went cross-eyed.

BECU is my friend, really.

Junior high - Check
14th birthday - Check
Tallest in family - Check
Selfie Master - Check

Still my baby son! This was 10 years ago. I dominated my son in wrestling and I know what you're thinking, "How could you employ a rear chokehold armbar kimura on your own son?" Hey, a competition is a competition.

I love you, son. The world is broken. This ia a sad truth. But the story of redemption is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the ultimate Truth. Have hope. Press on. Ten years ago, I witnessed one of those "God things" when a church called Interbay Covenant Church gave itself, its legacy, and a building property worth $7 million dollars to @seattlequest. We were then only 5 years old.

Quest is an urban, multiethnic churchplant that started in 2001. We rented the facilities at Interbay Covenant Church - a predominantly older, mostly Anglo congregation with a rich 65 years history. After some time, Pastor Ray Bartel (senior pastor, Interbay) approached me with a "crazy idea" of Interbay "dying to itself and giving itself to Quest" for the sake of the greater Kingdom and the coming generations.

This eventually led to three years of many conversations and prayers. On June 3, 2007, the two churches officially came together to become one church. In giving itself, Interbay also shared their leadership, legacy, and stories. They also gave all of their assets without any strings and without any debt.

Their radical generosity and courage is what enabled Quest to grow - not just numerically - but deeper in discipleship, and deeper in missions - to the city of Seattle and beyond. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of this merger, we created a short film (check my FB page to see the video) to tell the story - so that our church and the next generations may never forget and that the larger Church may be stirred and encouraged by a greater Kingdom vision.

Thank you, Interbay! The NBA season is over but the hustle and grind continues for my daughter. We argue sometimes but I love training my daughter. She's working hard for her senior year next year. Starting point guard. She's improved a lot. She's one of the quickest players on the floor and has a great midrange jumper. But trying to get her to keep working on her handles, using her off hand and shoulder to protect the ball,  staying and dribbling the ball lower to the ground, and playing aggressive and downhill while remaining in control. That's what we're working on this week. #hoopdreams #ChovarBall Reunited with my favorite elephant, Buh'loom. We bonded earlier this year and I'd like to think that she recognized my voice. Also, appreciate learning about ethical and sustainable eco-tourism.