My exclusive unboxing and first impressions of the iPhone 5!

Dear iPhone crazies, geeks, and idolaters: Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out.

On the news release of the new iPhone 5 – the answer to all of the society’s problems, how can I not share this post again? Being a recovering gadget geek and part of the “in” crowd, I occasionally get access to the latest technology and thus, I had some time to play around with the latest iPhone 5. Here it is, in all it’s glory and splendor…

I hope I don’t get sued. I’m serious.

As gadget freaks celebrate the official release of the iPhone 3G 5 today… The main reason why the iPhone sucks so bad is because I can’t get one.  As much as I want, I just can’t.  Another reason: it’s as big as my shoe and nanchucks. This post is dedicated to all you folks who want to get an iPhone 3g 5 but for various reasons, can’t and/or won’t get one.  Enjoy the pics and this post [Mac vs PC].

INTERFACE: Very clear instructions and Power button is very very visible.

USABILITY: The buttons on the TouchPad are very easy to see and push. In fact, Apple guarantees you’ll never press the wrong button.

DURABILITY: Built solid like a rock or a shoe. But smells better than your shoe.

SIZE: Yes.

FLEXIBILITY: Not only is it an iPhone, but it can also iProtect you from phone jackers. I personally like to carry around my nanchucks where ever I go and will utilize my new iPhone 3G  5 for protection as well.

Here’s what it looks like to carry both your nanchucks and new iPhone 3G 5 in your back pockets. Don’t mess me with me. I’ll kick your ass…and then, pray for you.

Seriously, I’ve had this phone for awhile. I love it. Whenever I’m having a tense day…I carry this phone outside. I’ll pretend I’m talking on this phone as I’m walking or even better, driving around…and the looks people give me. It’s hilarious.

And lastly, a friendly reminder to be careful with your nanchucks. Don’t jump and swing.

Filed under: technology, , ,

1. nathan says:

This post was awesome!

2. ruth says:

i enjoyed this post just as much as the first time you posted it. :)

3. Jason says:

this is great! that was the first ‘cellular’ phone my family had, circa 1993. i think we paid $0.30 per minute, plus a per-call connect charge. and we had to carry it in a backpack.

4. Tyler says:

still funny the 2nd time.

5. joanne says:

one of my favorite posts! bwahahahaha

6. Jay Sellers says:

I certainly remember being envious of people that had that Motorola phone and didn’t have to carry their phone in a bag. Our grand kids well probably laugh at our memory of having to carry a phone at all. It should be reduced to a keychain with bluetooth real soon now.

7. kataztrophy says:

Bait and switch….Brilliant!

8. ashley park says:

heheh..funny…you almost got me good!!

9. Sandy Dobbins says:

Eugene, Francis Chans new book Crazy Love (www.crazylovebook.com) Good Stuff for vacation.

10. Kevin King says:

I can’t get one either!!! Mainly because Cingular/AT&T does not have coverage in my area!!! iPhone sucks because it doesn’t work with verizon or Alltel!!!

11. llofte says:

HAHA. that’s funny! I got the new iPhone 3G and LOVE it =D Sorry you can’t get one!

12. formosa92 says:

Brilliant! I’m so jealous!

13. Curtis says:

Oh gosh how funny. might be useful as a bat too.

14. cheatsisazn says:

Cool.

15. alliehope says:

‘I’ll kick your ass…then, pray for you’. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh BTW: I don’t want an iPhone. I wouldn’t mind having one, but I don’t truly need one.

16. […] I’d like to look at iphone from a different angle. Why iphone doesn’t suck. (Thanks to eugene e cho who has made these beautiful […]

17. candyzhao says:

i always can not access to internet, even if i connected , but is very very snow, i phone 3G sucks, i really wanna sue iphone, anybody wanna sue iphone with me????????

18. […] discussion was pretty spirited.  I also got some additional hate mail for my post entitled Why the Iphone Sucks which pretty much demonstrates my envy of iPhone users.  I never got a new laptop then but  now I […]

19. pchou says:

hahaha…where do i get my hands on the iprotect?

20. LT says:

I love you man. I don’t have any guilt or regrets for owning an iPhone. If I didn’t have one. No sweat. But good thing Apple paid for my iPhone and not me.

21. Val P. says:

I’m a new fan. (I think I recognize that phone, with a different logo, lol.) Love this post and still following the comments on the “New Calvinists” post.
    Have fun!

22. […] favorite heroes: MLK Jr. and Frederick Douglass; Family pics;  The big king salmon; and of course, my infamous sucky iPhone.  Kinda […]

23. christina says:

iphone 3g does suck the lg dare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

24. jonathanmontan says:

Simply awesome…i love that line about kicking ass and praying for you

The 2nd baby turns 14 today. Oh my. How time flies. Every birthday now is bittersweet. So amazed at the young woman she is becoming ... and that much further away from being that little baby. Happy Birthday, @trintaay! The world is fallen, broken, and messy. This is the truth.

But the story is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the Truth. There is Hope. God is our Hope.

#Advent #MyanmarSunset #NoFilter #BackHomeSafe In solidarity. From Thailand. #ICantBreathe I'm in Thailand for two days to meet @theexodusroad - one of @onedayswages' partners doing compelling work in the fight against child sex trafficking in Thailand and other countries.

Several of their team members took me and Phillip (one of my staff ) into several brothels as part of their investigation. Needless to say, it was very disturbing but an important experience. Women were scantily dressed and places on stages ... as commodities. As part of the investigation, we spoke with some of these young women to collect information, liberate underaged girls, and shut down brothels that exploit underaged girls. To be honest, it's complicated... The evening was intense and my heart was beating so rapidly...but as the hours passed and my initial shock and fears subsided, I felt the Holy Spirit remind me that God loves each and every person and desires to draw them until Himself.  And so I prayed for these women, men, girls, pimps, johns, mamma sans... Lord, break these strongholds.
Lord, give us courage. When in a remote village in Myanmar, ask local fishermen to teach you their techniques. Then catch a big sea bass with them and have it prepared over a wood fire. Then enjoy it. #thankyoujesus #bucketlist Six years ago in 2008, Cyclone Nargis wiped through Myanmar killing about 140,000 people. We visited 6 villages and the stories were unreal. Some villages had everything destroyed. Every home. Nothing standing. One village had 3 homes left...and everyone in the village stayed there for several days.
One village had a population of 870 people. Only 120 survived...90% of their village died in a moment. Mothers, fathers, children, siblings, grandparents... It was surreal speaking to them. While you can sense their noticeable scars and emotional pain...it was also humbling and inspiring to tangibly see and feel their hope. Their spirit of unity, community, and courage. For many, their faith in Christ. Their yearning for better things for their children.

This was one of the villages we visited. I spent some time talking and hearing their stories and dreams...and all they could talk about was wanting a better school and education for their children. Again and again.
It's obvious that the Western world is incredibly rich but in many ways, we are so impoverished ... and have much to learn from our global neighbors.

• "There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more & more. The other is to desire less." - GKC youtube.com/watch?v=EAqNV2… || 2 hours ago
  • If the God of the universe was born in a dirty messy manger, there is no mess in our lives that God is not willing to step into. God cares. || 1 day ago
  • Grieving & praying for the families of the 141 children & school staff killed in #PeshawarAttack. Lord, in your mercy. Lord, come quickly. || 1 day ago
  • The great deception of racism is to exist while many people believing it doesn't exist. Reconciliation first acknowledges pain & brokenness. || 1 day ago
  • God often leads us on journeys we would never go on if it were up to us. Don't be afraid. Take courage. Have faith. Trust God. || 2 days ago
  • Praying for the city and people of Sydney and nation of Australia. We are grieving for this tragedy. #sydneysiege || 3 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,074 other followers