if jesus were on facebook

This is brilliantly funny – worth sharing every year around Holy Week and since Holy Week is coming up and well – meant to be holy – I’m sharing it now so no one accuses me of being egregiously unholy.

If Jesus Christ were on Facebook, his account and “wall” would look exactly like this (original creator of unknown).  Not only is it brilliantly funny, it’s also pretty darn biblical. Check it out and:

What made you laugh the most.

Some highlights:

• Jesus has 777,777,777,777 fans.
  • The Disciples wrote on Peter’s wall:  So, Jesus told us to walk up to people we don’t know, and basically steal their colt and donkey…  This is sketchy, don’t you think???
  • The High Priests have created a group: How to Use the Temple for piety AND profit.
  • The High Priests have given Judas a gift:  30 pieces of Silver.
  • Judas and the High Priest are now friends.
  • Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.
  • Jesus has given Roman Soldier a gift: A New Ear

You have to see it to truly appreciate it.  Check out it out HERE or click the image above.

You should also check out Jesus’ life according to Twitter. It’s also very compelling, brilliant, and biblically accurate.

Original Source: Unknown

And if you’re new to this blog, do me a favor, take 3 minutes, and check out (click image) and support our poverty org via FaceBook:

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. “Jesus has uploaded photos using His Blackberry”.

2. Kim says:

Inbox: 144,000 messages!!!Now that’s funny!

3. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by eugenecho: Check this out -> If Jesus were on Facebook. – http://bit.ly/bSYQx1

4. laterain says:

I particularly enjoyed Johnnie Cochran’s wall post to Pilate: “If the Messiah doesn’t fit, you must acquit” LOL

5. Micah says:

I particularly like “JESUS is online… DEATH is defeated.” Word!

6. Brett Barner says:

The picture of Saul of Tarsus cracked me up. That and “Jesus uploaded photos using his blackberry”. Very funny, and surprisingly moving at the end.

7. David Devora says:

Hahaha…”Judas and the High Priest are now friends.”

What about “Jesus’ gift to all his friends: the Holy Spirit”?

8. Tony Lin says:

This is hilarious! The funniest part is in the details. Like Jesus riding a dinosaur and a photo album titled “Jesus cuddling fluffy things” haha! Genius!

9. [...] Jesus Was on Facebook March 24th, 2010 by Paul Steinbrueck Eugene Cho appears to have found Jesus on Facebook. OK, so it’s not really Jesus. But someone has created a spoof of what Jesus’s Facebook [...]

10. Jeremy says:

“Dan Brown … thinks that John is really Mary Magdelene.”

11. Only because it’s the most random ever and I like random: “Hyper Intelligent Space Beatles wrote on God’s wall: See what kind of problems you have to deal with in those cut rate universes? I bet you wish you hadn’t gambled us away now, eh?”
    :-D

12. Kevin Bobrow says:

Definitely “Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.” made me laugh the hardest–out loud! Thanks for sharing this!

13. Vern Sanders says:

incredibly funny, and yet somehow a teaching tool…

14. Rachel says:

Jesus has a dislike button!!

15. vianho says:

I loved this – so I just had to share it with my fellow theology students and we’ve all been laughing really hard for way to long. Thanks! :D

16. Peter says:

Wow… that was HILARIOUS!! :D Thanks for great laughs!! (and just in time too before the Holy Week!)

17. Steve says:

Someone took a lot of time to put that together. It was very well done. Thanks for posting!

18. Annie Martin says:

This is SO funny. I can’t get over it!

19. Rev David Coleman says:

Many many thanks for this lively, insightful and theologically astute creation that gladdened the hearts of two ministers preparing for Holy week!

20. C-Bob says:

Hasidic but I don’t believe it!

21. adam says:

the Ehrman / Colt / Donkey chain is pretty funny, too.

22. Why does the PDF flash some different pictures and text?

This is really funny.

23. “sketchy nard dealers”
    and Matthew’s profile pic

So can I send this to confirmands, even though it has the word “ass” in it?

24. dsrtrosy says:

The only thing it’s missing is the twelve apostles as “Administrators.”

25. JONAH PHOENIX says:

Awesome! I could not even begin to say what made me laugh more! The best part is, I’m pretty sure Jesus is laughing too!

26. Joan K. says:

Thank you! I loved the gift of the resurrection breakfast!

27. briancberry says:

If you like this, then you’ll love this little video of jesus’ facebook account this week. It’s really well done in my opinion. Worth the 5 minutes for sure.

28. catesongbird says:

This is SO HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS. Wait, who created this image??

29. [...] And if you’ve missed it, this is even more funny: “If Jesus were on Facebook.” [...]

30. [...] already seen the contemporary adaptation, “If Jesus were on Facebook” but this is pretty brilliant, compelling, and very biblically [...]

a movement to fight poverty

Amazing Resurrection celebration service. Especially love celebrating Communion every Sunday. Today, hosted a super Feast with bread from many different countries. #HeIsRisen Don't rush too soon to the empty tomb. Reflect on the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life & love. Thank you, Jesus, for you have redeemed this day of injustice and violence to be "good." You are truly the Light of the world. #GoodFriday Layover. San Francisco. Having grown up here, my heart still flutters. No other city like it. A quick, busy, & meaningful 26 hrs in Wash DC but managed to go for an hour walk for this view. One of the greatest monuments in the world. A true American hero. #AbrahamLincoln I may stand on different sides on several issues with this man but I'm committed to praying for my President.

Honored to be joining Christian pastors and leaders today for the White House Prayer Breakfast.

• THIS!!! http://t.co/uzZxJUZAnC || 3 hours ago
  • The resurrection changes everything. It makes the impossible...possible. It gives new eyes, ears, hearts, minds, & souls. It gives new life. || 5 hours ago
  • "He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." ~ Matthew 28:6 He has risen! Christ has risen! || 6 hours ago
  • My heart is bursting. I have a word to preach at church tomorrow... Two word summary: GOOD NEWS! || 20 hours ago
  • Seattle: You're invited to Quest Church for Easter Sunday. Come hear the Good News + Gospel Choir + Communion Feast. http://t.co/fo3vpo4RD5 || 21 hours ago
  • Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? 1 Cor. 15:55 || 1 day ago
  • "It is finished." - Jesus http://t.co/s4hHROxhf0 || 1 day ago
  • Jesus, thank you for you have redeemed this day of death, darkness, injustice, & violence as "good". You are truly the Light of the world. || 1 day ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 886 other followers