the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Share/Bookmark

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_szUYJAYE

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/. The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil1j9S0Oe8&feature=related

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

cheers.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLl5y9RZI7c)

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead. ;-)

Home, sweet home.
#seattle 17.5 Year Anniversary!
We still got it. We look gooooood!

Blessed to be back in Princeton, NJ for couple days recently. We had our wedding ceremony in Korea but got "legally" married in the US at Miller Chapel in Princeton Seminary. So, it was only fitting to go back and have my kids take our 17.5 Anniversary  pics. Someday when our kids become adults and they feel like their parents wronged them or neglected them, and they feel like they need to get counseling... I'm going to show them this picture and say, "I HAVE PROOF. WE TOOK YOU TO NYC AND BOUGHT TICKETS TO WICKED ON BROADWAY!" RIP Robin Williams.
Folks: Please go and - call or hug your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Remind them how you much appreciate them.

We need to (re)learn how to be more human. Don't avoid eye contact. Don't hide behind gadgets. Smile often - both to neighbors and strangers alike. Ask about peoples' stories. And listen.

And most importantly, remind yourself that YOU are loved. Not just merely by your loved ones but also by the ONE who created all that is good and beautiful. Dang. The bright lights of NYC.
Having been a youth pastor in Flushing between 1992-1994, I really miss this place.

Empire State of Mind. Smitten my NYC. There's no place like this city in the world.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 975 other followers