the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Share/Bookmark

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_szUYJAYE

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/. The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil1j9S0Oe8&feature=related

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

cheers.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLl5y9RZI7c)

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead. ;-)

Grateful for the 24 hours in Santa Barbara to encourage local churches ... and to enjoy such views.
Lord, are you calling me to Santa Barbara? :) I hate you, Santa Barbara! About 6 weeks ago, I had the best 10 hour layover in Seoul, Korea. 4 meals, 2 outdoor markets, 2 museums, and some beautiful tourist sites in winter, crisp weather.
But no visit to the mokyoktang (public bathing sauna). Seattle fog. Reminds me of growing up in San Francisco. Thanks to Seahawks and Panthers for this special father-son memory before the game.
Let's do this. #GoHawks Happy wife. Happy life.
Book of Eugenius 6:14 :)
#latergram #jealousgram

• RT @OneDaysWages: "We know we can't change the entire situation in Iraq & Syria but that's not an excuse to do nothing..." -@eugenecho http… || 11 hours ago
  • Even scars can be redemptive. They are a testament to God's grace & our fortitude. Our scars can even serve as encouragement/wisdom to many. || 15 hours ago
  • RT @WVUSAdvocacy: "Justice is not an accessory." ow.ly/I9X0Z @EugeneCho shares why as Christians we have a call to seek real #ju… || 16 hours ago
  • Thrilled about the Seahawks & #SB49 but truly inspired by how several players lift the name of Jesus: youtu.be/EC1iD8yzndM [cc @Gresh49] || 18 hours ago
  • Breathe. Show yourself some grace. We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a cheerful heart. || 1 day ago
  • Preaching tonight @Cov_Church's pastors' conf. In proclaiming the Gospel, may I honor God, be led by the HS & simply point people to Jesus. || 2 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,082 other followers