the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Share/Bookmark

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_szUYJAYE

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/. The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil1j9S0Oe8&feature=related

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

cheers.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLl5y9RZI7c)

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead. ;-)

The 2nd baby turns 14 today. Oh my. How time flies. Every birthday now is bittersweet. So amazed at the young woman she is becoming ... and that much further away from being that little baby. Happy Birthday, @trintaay! The world is fallen, broken, and messy. This is the truth.

But the story is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the Truth. There is Hope. God is our Hope.

#Advent #MyanmarSunset #NoFilter #BackHomeSafe In solidarity. From Thailand. #ICantBreathe I'm in Thailand for two days to meet @theexodusroad - one of @onedayswages' partners doing compelling work in the fight against child sex trafficking in Thailand and other countries.

Several of their team members took me and Phillip (one of my staff ) into several brothels as part of their investigation. Needless to say, it was very disturbing but an important experience. Women were scantily dressed and places on stages ... as commodities. As part of the investigation, we spoke with some of these young women to collect information, liberate underaged girls, and shut down brothels that exploit underaged girls. To be honest, it's complicated... The evening was intense and my heart was beating so rapidly...but as the hours passed and my initial shock and fears subsided, I felt the Holy Spirit remind me that God loves each and every person and desires to draw them until Himself.  And so I prayed for these women, men, girls, pimps, johns, mamma sans... Lord, break these strongholds.
Lord, give us courage. When in a remote village in Myanmar, ask local fishermen to teach you their techniques. Then catch a big sea bass with them and have it prepared over a wood fire. Then enjoy it. #thankyoujesus #bucketlist Six years ago in 2008, Cyclone Nargis wiped through Myanmar killing about 140,000 people. We visited 6 villages and the stories were unreal. Some villages had everything destroyed. Every home. Nothing standing. One village had 3 homes left...and everyone in the village stayed there for several days.
One village had a population of 870 people. Only 120 survived...90% of their village died in a moment. Mothers, fathers, children, siblings, grandparents... It was surreal speaking to them. While you can sense their noticeable scars and emotional pain...it was also humbling and inspiring to tangibly see and feel their hope. Their spirit of unity, community, and courage. For many, their faith in Christ. Their yearning for better things for their children.

This was one of the villages we visited. I spent some time talking and hearing their stories and dreams...and all they could talk about was wanting a better school and education for their children. Again and again.
It's obvious that the Western world is incredibly rich but in many ways, we are so impoverished ... and have much to learn from our global neighbors.

• If the God of the universe was born in a dirty messy manger, there is no mess in our lives that God is not willing to step into. God cares. || 22 hours ago
  • Grieving & praying for the families of the 141 children & school staff killed in #PeshawarAttack. Lord, in your mercy. Lord, come quickly. || 1 day ago
  • The great deception of racism is to exist while many people believing it doesn't exist. Reconciliation first acknowledges pain & brokenness. || 1 day ago
  • God often leads us on journeys we would never go on if it were up to us. Don't be afraid. Take courage. Have faith. Trust God. || 1 day ago
  • Praying for the city and people of Sydney and nation of Australia. We are grieving for this tragedy. #sydneysiege || 2 days ago
  • Joy is possible because God meets us in our real life circumstances - in our doubts, fears, and mess - and brings redemption and purpose. || 3 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,074 other followers