the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light:

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead. ;-)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

The Western Wall in Old City of Jerusalem (aka The Wailing Wall) - from the Second Jewish Temple.

I'm hoping to share a few stories of people that I met (Jewish, Muslims, and Christians) in the Holy Land in the days to come. One of our Palestinian tour guides said to me, "You will leave with more questions...and that's a good thing." He was absolutely right. We want everything so nicely packaged but if we're honest, it's very rare in a broken, complex world...and I can't think of too many things more complex than the situation in Israel and Palestine.

While I certainly understand and resonate with Israel and its history and its need to protect itself from harm, one can't deny the history and existence of Palestine as well.
Is peace possible? This was the focus of my trip to the Holy learn more about the conflict and those that are working towards peace. My friend, Scott (and other pastor), Mae (our guide) and I had the privilege of going to a Jewish synagogue this past Friday. We were then hosted by a local rabbi and his family for a Shabbat meal. It was marvelous. Incredible. Illuminating. Delicious. A true honor to be invited to his home with his wife and three children. To pray, learn, share, and ask questions.
What I loved the most was the story of how Rabbi Daniel and his wife rented a bus to take 15 of their friends to the West Bank ... to see for themselves the impact of the wall and the Israeli policies. Some of their friends had never even entered the West Bank...don't personally know a Palestinian. It's impossible to work towards peace when we don't know anyone from the other side...when we don't understand the other side.

Thank you, Rabbi Daniel. Old Jerusalem. So many stories. So much history. The synagogue in Capernaum (Galilee) where Jesus began his public ministry. He taught with authority... Pray for your pastors and teachers...that they may teach with courage, conviction, humility, and ultimately, directing people to Christ - the Word made flesh.

Speaking of, so excited to be teaching at @Quest Church tomorrow. If you're in the Seattle area, join us. A glimpse of Jordan River where John baptized Jesus. "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." What amazes me most about this event is about...timing and patience. For Christ, it wasn't about "if" but about "when." In a world of supersonic pace,  impatience, quick results, hurry and now and NOW...Jesus waited for the Father's timing. He was patient and faithful. I need to learn that waiting on the Lord in itself isn't apathy but rather an act of faith. The town of Bethlehem and at the site of the cave (aka manger) of the birth of Christ.

One of the highlights was a class of Palestinian Muslims and Christian kids in a local public school singing a Christmas carol for us in Bethlehem...just across the Shepherd's Field. Galilee. Surreal to be at the mountainside where Jesus delivered "The Sermon on the Mount" ... aka The Beatitudes. Walking around praying for Paris, Beirut, Istanbul, Nigeria, Mali, Palestine/Israel... This verse is so particularly important in light of all the violence in the world. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,329 other followers