happy new year – 2010

Happy New Year everyone! 새해 복 많이 받으세요.

As we do each new year, we celebrated the first day with my parents and with traditional Korean meals, bows (sae-bae), and games.

Last year was tough but I learned so much and look forward to the adventures and lessons for the upcoming year:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, God is doing a new thing…” Isaiah 43:18-19

Enjoy the pics and the expression of our Korean culture:

copy-of-img_4676.jpg

Filed under: , , , ,

1. georgesong says:

you know you wish you had my dduk-gook! ;)
    happy new year to you + your family.
    may the Lord continue to pour His favor on you guys!
    blessings + peace,
    v + “the lucky jerk”…

2. mijin says:

your kids are so cute. they look really close; i can tell they have a lot of fun together. and the photos of food are gorgeous. yummm.

i agree, 2009 was tough but it’s all for His glory and He goes before us to bring new life. happy new year pastor eugene!

3. Chico Woo says:

I needed a laugh today and usually your posts are serious and thought provoking so was not expecting to laugh but when I saw your children do the Korean thing it was great. What got me laughing was the last line “Where is the money”

Happy New Year.

4. sam kang says:

where’s the money!! HAHAHAHAH that’s what i used to always say too! :)
    새해 복 많이 받으세요!!

5. lukedaniel says:

Aahh… I miss you guys. Happy New Year!

6. Seongtaek says:

You look amazing in Han Bok!

a movement to fight poverty

Don't rush too soon to the empty tomb. Reflect on the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life & love. Thank you, Jesus, for you have redeemed this day of injustice and violence to be "good." You are truly the Light of the world. #GoodFriday Layover. San Francisco. Having grown up here, my heart still flutters. No other city like it. A quick, busy, & meaningful 26 hrs in Wash DC but managed to go for an hour walk for this view. One of the greatest monuments in the world. A true American hero. #AbrahamLincoln I may stand on different sides on several issues with this man but I'm committed to praying for my President.

Honored to be joining Christian pastors and leaders today for the White House Prayer Breakfast. The great wheel of Seattle. Cloudy on top. Sunny on the bottom. Such is life sometimes.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 885 other followers