happy new year – 2010

Happy New Year everyone! 새해 복 많이 받으세요.

As we do each new year, we celebrated the first day with my parents and with traditional Korean meals, bows (sae-bae), and games.

Last year was tough but I learned so much and look forward to the adventures and lessons for the upcoming year:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, God is doing a new thing…” Isaiah 43:18-19

Enjoy the pics and the expression of our Korean culture:

copy-of-img_4676.jpg

Filed under: , , , ,

1. georgesong says:

you know you wish you had my dduk-gook! ;)
    happy new year to you + your family.
    may the Lord continue to pour His favor on you guys!
    blessings + peace,
    v + “the lucky jerk”…

2. mijin says:

your kids are so cute. they look really close; i can tell they have a lot of fun together. and the photos of food are gorgeous. yummm.

i agree, 2009 was tough but it’s all for His glory and He goes before us to bring new life. happy new year pastor eugene!

3. Chico Woo says:

I needed a laugh today and usually your posts are serious and thought provoking so was not expecting to laugh but when I saw your children do the Korean thing it was great. What got me laughing was the last line “Where is the money”

Happy New Year.

4. sam kang says:

where’s the money!! HAHAHAHAH that’s what i used to always say too! :)
    새해 복 많이 받으세요!!

5. lukedaniel says:

Aahh… I miss you guys. Happy New Year!

6. Seongtaek says:

You look amazing in Han Bok!

My soul rejuvenates when I dance with trees. Thank you, Redwood Forest. What are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them? Yet you have made them a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. - Psalm 8:4-5 #WeAreSoLittleYetGodLovesUsSo "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." - Ruth Bell Graham #truth #amen #TryingTooHardToLookCool
pc: @trintaay Worked my final shift at @qcafe today. Thank you, neighbors, patrons, artists, musicians, students, and Questers. An amazing 13 years...with lots of challenges in between but now, the church is on the move.  Worked the espresso bar today for one last time for the Q with dear friends, JKO and Randor. Loved looking through all the live music show posters. We hosted some incredible shows including Ingrid Michaelson, Allen Stone, Macklemore before he became Macklemore, Josh Garrels, Chris Tomlin, Head and the Heart, Nicklecreek, Joy Williams,  Propaganda, and so many more. End of an era. #qcafe

pc: @trintaay This morning. Enjoying some calm before the storm. Also landed Moby Dick. My smile says it all. #CaptainChohab #cascadescamp  #매운탕 #monsterbass #fishon Breathe. Show yourself some grace. We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a cheerful heart.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,302 other followers