We’ve discussed some heavy issues recently on the blog so I’d like to change the pace and post something light and talk movies. Who doesn’t like to talk movies?
Last year, I asked a question about the movies that have influenced you the most and why and wow, there were some incredible comments and recommendations. I followed many of your recommendations and enjoyed many of them.
My wife and I have different preferences in films. Me like (grunt) Action and (beating chest) Sci-Fi films. And so, she takes one for the team to watch those films but I guess I need to do my part so I ask you this important question in an effort to invest in our marriage.
What are your favorite chick flicks?
In addition to “regulars” sharing their answers, I am especially inviting the lurkers and quiet blog readers to chime in. This is your chance to join in and become one of the cool people.
Here’s what I can bear watching:
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I have two words: Audrey Hepburn.
- Sleepless in Seattle. I still enjoy watching re-runs so that’s a good sign, right?
- Jerry Maguire. Am I cheating here? Can this be considered an entry in the chick flick genre? Cuba Gooding was so good in this movie.
- Princess Bride. Is this a chick flick? This is actually on my Top 10 comedy films. Indigo Montoya is one of my heroes.
- Titanic. No, the rumors aren’t true. I did not not cry at the theaters. There was just something in my eye.
- JoyLuck Club. This was on my list of most influential films.
- Bend it Like Beckham. Anything with sports…I can bear.
Greatest Chick Flick actor of all time? A guy who has managed to make millions playing the SAME CHARACTER in every single movie: Hugh Grant.
Favorite Chick Flick Scene:
And this was the 14 second clip that was edited out: