video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. […] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. […]

7. […] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis […]

My soul rejuvenates when I dance with trees. Thank you, Redwood Forest. What are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them? Yet you have made them a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. - Psalm 8:4-5 #WeAreSoLittleYetGodLovesUsSo "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." - Ruth Bell Graham #truth #amen #TryingTooHardToLookCool
pc: @trintaay Worked my final shift at @qcafe today. Thank you, neighbors, patrons, artists, musicians, students, and Questers. An amazing 13 years...with lots of challenges in between but now, the church is on the move.  Worked the espresso bar today for one last time for the Q with dear friends, JKO and Randor. Loved looking through all the live music show posters. We hosted some incredible shows including Ingrid Michaelson, Allen Stone, Macklemore before he became Macklemore, Josh Garrels, Chris Tomlin, Head and the Heart, Nicklecreek, Joy Williams,  Propaganda, and so many more. End of an era. #qcafe

pc: @trintaay This morning. Enjoying some calm before the storm. Also landed Moby Dick. My smile says it all. #CaptainChohab #cascadescamp  #매운탕 #monsterbass #fishon Breathe. Show yourself some grace. We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a cheerful heart.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,302 other followers