video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. [...] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. [...]

7. [...] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis [...]

Unscientific research says that if you show a picture of a puppy next to your book, 78% more people want the book. :) Thanks to @alisonjmclennan for posting this photo.
If you've got the book, would love for you to share a photo of it and tag me or use #OverratedBook. Wow. Good morning from Seattle. The view of Mt Rainier from our home. Prayer matters. It's a reminder of God's presence. Prayer sustained Kenneth Bae in a labor camp in North Korea for 765 days. After he came home, we prayed. (photo  credit: @no1camerauser) I love family reunions. Mother and son. Welcome home,  Kenneth Bae. It's all grace. Grateful for the opportunity to share at  #TEDxHanriver in Seoul, Korea and talk about our family, faith, and @OneDaysWages. Praying that many were fascinated by my Master. The epic view from up high at Nakuru National Park,  Kenya. #latergram

• An honor to welcome Alexia Salvatierra and @cotesoerens to Quest today as they teach on the importance of faith rooted advocacy & activism. || 14 hours ago
  • Religion is a sad substitute for a genuine relationship with God. We need intimacy and not just information. Know God, not just about God. || 21 hours ago
  • Following Christ was not meant to be done alone. Join a community of believers. Love one another. Do life together. Be on mission together. || 1 day ago
  • Don't miss @SeattleQuest tomorrow. Excited to pass the teaching baton to @RevDocBrenda. - seattlequest.org http://t.co/6ltQgnaWqO || 1 day ago
  • If you've read or are reading #OverratedBook, would appreciate you posting a photo of the book on Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc. Thank you! || 1 day ago
  • Unscientific research says that if you show a picture of a puppy next to your book, 78% more people want the book. :) http://t.co/RjCsx42Imf || 1 day ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,056 other followers