video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. [...] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. [...]

7. [...] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis [...]

a movement to fight poverty

Don't rush too soon to the empty tomb. Reflect on the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life & love. Thank you, Jesus, for you have redeemed this day of injustice and violence to be "good." You are truly the Light of the world. #GoodFriday Layover. San Francisco. Having grown up here, my heart still flutters. No other city like it. A quick, busy, & meaningful 26 hrs in Wash DC but managed to go for an hour walk for this view. One of the greatest monuments in the world. A true American hero. #AbrahamLincoln I may stand on different sides on several issues with this man but I'm committed to praying for my President.

Honored to be joining Christian pastors and leaders today for the White House Prayer Breakfast. The great wheel of Seattle. Cloudy on top. Sunny on the bottom. Such is life sometimes.

• Don't rush too soon to the empty tomb. Reflect on the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life & love.… instagram.com/p/m8_UMXyWcy/ || 1 hour ago
  • In his last days, Jesus washed dirty feet, ate with misfits (incl. a man who He knew would betray him), & forgave his enemies. #AmazingGrace || 4 hours ago
  • RT @seattlequest: Join us tonight for Good Friday at 6pm & 8pm. Easter Sunday celebrations at 7am, 9am,11am. - seattlequest.org http:… || 4 hours ago
  • There is no Resurrection without the Crucifixion. Before we move swiftly to the celebration of the risen Christ, may we sit at the cross... || 8 hours ago
  • Thank you, Jesus, for this day. For Holy Friday. For your obedience. For the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life and love. || 9 hours ago
  • In his final days, Jesus washed dirty feet, ate with misfits (including a man who he knew would betray him), and forgave his enemies. #grace || 1 day ago
  • Can't stop crying. Grieving the tragedy of the South Korean ferry. Praying for miracles. Nearly 300 are still missing. Lord, in your mercy. || 2 days ago
  • Don't be so quick to jump to the celebration of His resurrection. Take time. Pray. Reflect. Journey with Christ in his final week & moments. || 2 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 884 other followers