video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. [...] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. [...]

7. [...] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis [...]

a movement to fight poverty

What a joy to celebrate Dr. John Perkins' legacy this week. Like many others, he has been a deep inspiration to me.
When I finished the first draft of my upcoming book, OVERRATED, he was one of the first folks I showed it too.
He wrote back with the following endorsement: "We are called to give ourselves to our generation, and Pastor Eugene's work here in OVERRATED is exactly that. This deeply personal narrative takes readers on a lived journey of wrestling through the realities of being a justice fighter today. I've given my fifty plus years to this fight, and his story is my story. I believe it may be yours as well. I encourage all believers to read OVERRATED. It lays a course for how we must proceed as humble but faithful justice leaders in an unjust world." Needless to say, I'm humbled by his endorsement and words of encouragement. It was painful to complete (and I'm still working on final edits)...but I CAN'T wait to share the book in September when it releases. Wow. Blessed are the artists that help others reimagine the Gospel. #HeIsRisen #questchurch Amazing Resurrection celebration service. Especially love celebrating Communion every Sunday. Today, hosted a super Feast with bread from many different countries. #HeIsRisen Don't rush too soon to the empty tomb. Reflect on the cross. Thank you, Jesus, for your life & love. Thank you, Jesus, for you have redeemed this day of injustice and violence to be "good." You are truly the Light of the world. #GoodFriday Layover. San Francisco. Having grown up here, my heart still flutters. No other city like it. A quick, busy, & meaningful 26 hrs in Wash DC but managed to go for an hour walk for this view.

• About to preach in Minneapolis. Pray that in proclaiming the Gospel, I may honor God, be led by HolySpirit, & simply direct people to Jesus. || 4 hours ago
  • Be humble. Stay humble. Walk humbly. And kick butt. Then give God all the glory. || 15 hours ago
  • The book was painful to complete (and I'm still working on final edits)...but I CAN'T wait to share the book in September when it releases. || 18 hours ago
  • I nervously showed @JohnMPerkins a draft of my upcoming book, OVERRATED. He wrote the following endorsement: instagram.com/p/nJoXdUSWQy/ #Humbled || 18 hours ago
  • "Waiting time is not wasting time. Waiting patiently in expectation is the foundation of the spiritual life." ~ Henri Nouwen || 1 day ago
  • Bummer. Those Google glasses didn't help Krik Henrich with the free throws. #NBAPlayoffs || 1 day ago
  • RT @RevDocBrenda: Glad to represent @seattlequest at 10 yr anniversary of the John Perkins Center @SPU w/ Derek, Minhee & @EugeneCho http:/… || 1 day ago
  • Dear @NorthwesternMN: You so lucky. After having @GovMikeHuckabee at your campus, you get...me. See you at chapel Wed & Th. || 1 day ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 887 other followers