video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. […] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. […]

7. […] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis […]

Invest in your soul.
Read the Scriptures.
Pray & listen.
Embrace silence.
Go for a walk.
Laugh with friends.
Enjoy a good book.
Soak in God's creation.

#NatureIsMyLoveLanguage Final sunset.

Aloha. Mahalo. Hana hou. Ohana.

Thank you, Kona, the Whitlocks, YWAM, sea turtles, Nemo, Restorers DTS, and Scandinavian Shaved Ice. Our three children.

One will be heading off to college in one year. The 2nd in three years. In six years, Minhee and I will be empty nesters. As a young parent, my prayers for them often surrounded their purpose in life. While I still ponder those things, there are three things that I most pray for:

1. That they may love Christ and obey Christ. Not just the idea but to actually follow Christ and thus, to love people.

2. To hold God's Word - the Holy Scriptures - dear and near to their hearts.

3. To love one another and be there for one another for life. To be loyal to one another. To protect one another. To never allow pettiness, conflicts, jealousy,  money, or whatever to get between them in the future. Ever.
May it be so. Amen. Kona sunset. #nofilter

Perhaps from the outside...things look great but this has been one of the most challenging years of our life. The most painful has involved one of our kids who've had to endure through a lifelong chronic illness. This year, we've gone to the hospital 3-4 times/week trying to get her better. Ups and downs. Emotional roller coaster. Parents will understand this but nothing hurts more than a sick child...especially when you can't "fix" the situation. We were praying that our trip to Hawaii would be a balm for her soul...but it has been hard. Really hard. Lots of tears hard. But soaking in this sunset with our kids is something we don't want to take for granted.

We continue to pray and hope. Hope is not that God promises us perfection or everything we want but that in all situations...God is with us. Believing - while faltering - in this truth for our child. My Hawaiian Seattle Korean queen. #kona @minheejcho A family that hikes together stays together. #kona #pololuvalley

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,253 other followers