let’s kiss and make up

I follow politics but I don’t go crazy.  Meaning, I’m not the kind of person that wears buttons, puts bumper stickers on their cars, and plant signs on their home lawns. I confess I do have one vintage Ronald Reagan shirt I picked up a while ago from a second hand store.  So, while I watched the elections with great interest and cried like a baby, it was hard to live vicariously with those who were celebrating like Kids Gone Wild in Seattle or those who were visibly upset about the doom and gloom news of impending socialism and Obamunism.

It’s not just because I’m an ‘independent’ voter but also because I feel like my voice in the City, Church, and Culture is to be a ‘reconciler’ or ‘peacemaker’ that I’ve been feeling torn over the growing division in the country between RED and BLUE.  When you see leaders tear each other apart, you wonder how anything be accomplished to remedy some of the national and global crises.

Even more painful has been the division in the ChurchDobson’s hypothetical 2012 letter didn’t help matters recently.  For many years, the Religious Right has dominated the voice of evangelical Christians.  And now that Obama has become president, you wonder if the Evangelical Left or the “Enlightened Evangelicals” will handle their increased visibility with more grace.   It’s too bad that painful comments like the one below are said to one another so flippantly or condemningly in the church:

What!  How can a Christian vote for [insert party, candidate, policy]?”

Neither party has a monopoly on morality and certainly, not on Jesus.  Jesus has you.

In recent weeks, I’ve had random church folks, blog stalkers and readers criticizing my relationship with Sojourners.  I guess it didn’t help I’m on their recent magazine cover.  Geez, it’s not like it was Playgirl and I was flaunting my incredibly sexy and righteous body.  Some didn’t like the quote in the Seattle Post Intelligencer about my lack of support for Sarah Palin and the GOP since all good faithful Christians vote Republican.  And then of course, there were those who were annoyed and thoroughly vexed at my post expressing likeness for Sarah Palin since all intelligent and forward thinking Christians vote Democrat. You can’t win.

Last Sunday, I preached on the topic of Faith and Politics.  I shared that Christians should not be in bed with either parties. We should be driven by a Kingdom/Shalom agenda and ultimately, our allegiance is to the ONE that is the King of Kings and Lord of lords.  I did share about numerous issues that should be important to all Christians including the one thing that is very clear in the Scriptures:  God has a special heart for the poor, marginalized, and oppressed.  God’s call for mercy, justice, and compassion is not only revealed to the Church but are examples of His universal morality and economics to all people and nations.  The sermon was tame and so, it was discouraging to receive several emails this week:

• What is wrong with you?  Why can’t you just support Obama?
  • How could you support a Republican candidate?
  • I feel like you attacked me and my views and that I don’t fit in this church.
  • I can’t believe that as a Christian pastor, you have those views on abortion.

In fact, several people alluded that they’ll likely leave the church and that last Sunday may have been their last.  I understand that politics and worldview are important stuff but is it possible that we can still be in fellowship and relationship even if we don’t see eye to eye on everything?  Can people state their convictions, be respectful and respected, and still be united in Christ?

Listen folks.  I pastor the whole church and not the left or the right.  We worship Jesus and not politicians.  Jesus is the center of our lives.  While politicians and their views will impact policies and thus, people and i acknowledge its importance, we also need to work at working together.  Don’t back down from your convictions but be respectful and gracious – whether or not your candidate was elected.  And if you don’t get what you wanted, be mature and remain engaged.

More than anything else:  Be peacemakers. Never relinquish the task and call of reconciliation.  I want to believe; I need to believe that in Christ, there can be unity in diversity.

In the context of this week and numerous intense emails and conversations, it was good to receive this email about 52 to 48 With Love.  I liked it because rather than rubbing it in, people are reaching out with grace as a gesture of reconciliation.  What is it?

…a group project where obama supporters reached out to the mccain folk (and others) in a gesture of reconciliation…

something with the intimacy of the original sorryeverybody project – but without the partisan divisiveness. simple messages. the feeling of being left out or ignored, or the target of payback is what made the last eight years so hard.

perhaps it is naive. the differences are real, i know. but we have to repair the damage done from this election cycle somehow…

Here are two pictures I liked.  God bless America and God bless the nations.  And may God bring unity to the Church.

C’mon.  Let’s kiss and make up.

4852b

4852a

Filed under: politics, religion, , ,

1. DK says:

Well said Eugene. But, I’m still not kissing you. Sorry.

2. Jeff Lam says:

it’s tempting for congregants to wanna depoliticize their pastors and strip them of their right to hold opinions on hotly contested matters. but the fact of the matter is while you are a pastor, you are also just a man and you have opinions, some of which may be unpopular. personally, it doesn’t make sense to me why you can’t share your perspective on certain matters, why you would have to be censored/silenced because people need to make their pastor in their own image.

because for me, the real issue isn’t what opinions you hold. it’s how you hold them. you’re not a jerk about your beliefs, and you don’t make people feel dumb for holding an opposing perspective. you don’t abuse your position of influence, nor do you use the pulpit to further your own agenda. for me, that’s all a congregant can ask for.

3. franksabunch says:

Thank you for not causing us to stumble by not showing us your sexy and righteous body. Moving on (bwahaha!)…

The problem with injecting christianity into politics (or vice versa) is that they are two different species. It may make sense to transplant a baboon heart into a human with terminal cardiomyopathy, but we all know how that one turned out.

You can’t legislate morality any more than you can force a person who doesn’t want to work to, well, work. You can’t pass a law requiring everyone to accept the grace and forgiveness of Christ’s sacrifice. (Well, you can, but it won’t work that way.) Abortion is inconsistent with the laws of God, but I also know that in a democratic society, an across the board ban on abortion will never pass. Gay marriage (or rather relationships/sex) is inconsistent with the laws of God, but in a secular, democratic society, I cannot think of a single argument as to why they should not be allowed to marry. Though I would wish for the laws of this land to mimic the laws of God, I fear even more the propensity with which a caesaropapacy can turn into tyranny.

A writer in the civil war era said that the only way to abolish slavery is not to write a new law making it illegal, but rather to change the hearts of the people. It is in that statement, perhaps, that we can find the way to change politics. Effecting political change by spreading God’s love.

Imagine that.

4. amy powell says:

Geez. Yeah, in my pastoring life, I run into this challenge a TON. Here’s a note I recently posted on FaceBook. Thought I’d share:

Sometimes, not all the time, I am misunderstood. Maybe you can relate. I’m a pastor. As you might imagine, pastors lives with WIDELY varied expectations. Here’s my situation: I don’t fit a traditional model, remotely. And I love, love, love being with real people in real life places and being myself in every sense of the notion of being oneself. A favorite quote of mine comes from a favorite book of mine. Here it is:

“…the kind of holiness he [Jesus] exuded was the kind that did not repulse normal ‘sinners.’ Rather, his was a very attractive spirituality. And yet he was not your ordinary evangelical guy. He was notorious (yes, that’s the right word) for hanging out with the wrong types. In contrast with today, when so much of our Christianity is being with the right people in the right places at the right times, Jesus was always in the wrong places, with the wrong people, at the wrong times, according to the religious establishment.”
    – The Shaping of Things To Come

Jesus had such a commitment to doing what the Father was doing, regardless of the perception of others. Do what you do out of love and not the seeming approval others, because someone will ALWAYS misunderstand you.

5. Jeff Roach says:

This 52 to 48 with love is very disingenuous, a large portion of the 52 have spent at least 6 of the last 8 (and many the full 8) years showing no respect and attacking a standing President. These attacks have been personal in nature not on his policies, even from people with-in Quest, a member of the LT wore a shirt attacking Bush’s personal integrity and intelligence to church on multiple occasions.

Now that this new President-elect is here they would like the 48 to kiss and make up? I’m a Republican, I’m a small government Republican and I make no apologies to this fact. I will admit that my party has made mistakes and for that I asked for forgiveness for myself and for my Party.

I’m a Republican who does believe in Social Justice to the poor, the disenfranchised and the unprotected. I ask the “Enlightened Christian”….How do show Social Justice to the unborn when our President-elect supports partial birth abortions, do a GIS on this and tell me this is not a Social Justice Issue, this is Infanticide.

Jennifer and I had a miscarriage on Christmas Day 1996, we were 8 weeks into the pregnancy, we mourned for the Child and we knew that even at this early stage that this was a baby. I still mourn to this day and now we’ll have an administration that supports the killing of babies that are much further along than the child that we lost. This new administration dishonors the loss of this child and all the children who share this fate and the fate of being killed at the hands of a supposed healer.

The 52 has some bridge-building to do, some soul searching and some reconciliation that they need to pursue, they have the mantle of power, I pray it will be used for good not evil…

6. Emily says:

Well. We loved your sermon last week. It made us even more glad to be at Quest. =)

7. deneenwhite says:

One of my favorite things that has been said repeatedly over the last week is that the eagle that represents our country needs both the right and left wing to fly.

8. Dan says:

Okay, I’m Canadian so I’m as neutral as it’s possible to be. Besides a love for the West Wing on re runs I don’t know much about the American political system.
    I do know a little bit about forgiveness, and as followers of Jesus it is always our responsibility to forgive. I have a feeling that the two sides are never going to come together ideologically, and the current system is built on inflaming the passions of both sides against the other. But where Christians need to come together is in forgiving seventy times seven times. The responsibility for bridge building never belongs to the other, it is always mine.
    No political party is going to show us how to love God and neighbour (or neighbor). but the Church can show the world

9. Eugene,

Being a moderate there are times when I feel sort of like a tool… but I do agree that we should be objective when approaching an issue. I don’t want to have blind allegiance to a certain party or candidate.

However I still hold to the belief that each party has its strengths and weaknesses. I tend to be socially liberal and economically conservative. So that leaves me on the “blue” side sometimes and on the “red” side sometimes.

Once again… great blog post (and sermon)

10. craig says:

Eugene, if people can’t discern between open-handed and close-handed issues, and are willing to leave Quest or any other community based on a difference of opinion on such issues, that’s their problem, not yours. And, when reflecting on positions that the Church has taken in the past on certain “closed-handed” issues, I think we ought to be very, very careful in defining what such issues are. And that’s assuming we are even capable of truly identifying them.

To be honest, I’m somewhere between surprised and appalled that you could even think of preferring the McCain camp over Obama’s. I think Obama is the Kennedy of our generation, and I think he’ll be a transformational leader. I don’t like how public support for him is getting close to idolatry — posters with Obamas face and HOPE scare me. But frankly, I’m really glad there’s finally something I disagree with you on. I’ve always liked everything you had to say so much, I’d started to worried you were some silver-tongued antichrist. ;)

Ha. Just kidding. But really, is not one of the true spirits of the Kingdom that of invitation? And throughout the New Testament, isn’t one of the very important lessons that idea of inclusion? The command to stop drawing artificial lines between people who are meant to be drawn together under Jesus? If people want to draw lines in their emails and comments to you, let them. They will have to deal with the consequences of their closed-mindedness. Just make sure you don’t start drawing lines in return.

11. Daniel says:

Pastor Eugene, I thought you did a good job on Sunday. You were tame. But most importantly, you encouraged us to think for ourselves, pray, discern, and vote based upon Kingdom agendas rather than political affiliation. You encouraged us to be respectful which I think is the missing piece when it comes to politics. While the elections were heated for many reasons, I appreciated McCain’s concessions speech and Obama’s acceptance speech.

12. delia says:

Just before I read your post, I was just catching up on facebook and reviewing my friends’ statuses. It was so disheartening to see how upset people are with one another. I have both staunch republicans and liberal democrats on my friends list and the status messages just seemed to emanate clear hatred for ‘the other view’. It made me sad. I have lost friends (Christian friends) over this past election. People who I once thought would never let politics get in the way of our friendship. I heard alot of ‘how can you support Obama and be a REAL Christian?’ I’m a registered Independent and have voted for both democrats and republicans in the past. I once held very traditional political views on gay marriage and abortion and frankly all of that changed once I went to law school (my personal views on them remain unchanged…I’m against both). Obama is a Constitutional law scholar and taught Con Law for 12 years. I only had to take 1 year of Con Law and it was evident to me why certain beliefs I held could not be forced in a democratic society with the Constitution at its foundation. I think that the extreme positions (Dobson’s 2012 letter) have had a damaging effect on the image of christians in this country. What I have witnessed is much more hatred and animosity from my non-christian friends towards the body of Christ b/c of intolerance and a lack of love. They keep saying “where is the love?”

I guess I absolutely agree with FRANKSASMUCH:

“You can’t legislate morality… You can’t pass a law requiring everyone to accept the grace and forgiveness of Christ’s sacrifice…. Abortion is inconsistent with the laws of God, but I also know that in a democratic society, an across the board ban on abortion will never pass. Gay marriage (or rather relationships/sex) is inconsistent with the laws of God, but in a secular, democratic society, I cannot think of a single argument as to why they should not be allowed to marry. Though I would wish for the laws of this land to mimic the laws of God, I fear even more the propensity with which a caesaropapacy can turn into tyranny.

Imagine that.”

13. Tim Judkins says:

What a great and timely post…I had gone through a bit of a “pastoral” trial this week when I tried to preach a similar theme. I am amazed at how deeply impassioned and entrenched good Christian people are in their religio-political perspectives! Thanks to “you(gene)” and the responses for offering me encouragement to keep trying to communicate spiritual (and therefore, relevant) truth through a flawed (but well-intentioned) human.

14. delia says:

Sorry I meant to say “FRANKSABUNCH”.

15. [...] I wish I had thought of this idea.  It’s things like this that make me realize we can work together. (ht) [...]

16. Rach says:

Pastor Eugene,

Your log of the past few days has been much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, I was one of those crazy kids celebrating Obama’s win on Capitol Hill on Tuesday night. And yes, while I voted for him and stand by my vote, I do not agree with every level of his platform. But, the beauty of what happened on Tuesday night for this country deserves celebration. For me, the most amazing thing about Tuesday is that it felt like someone had pulled off a curtain of apathy in this city and country and folks had a reason to celebrate — for the 100 million voters who turned out, for the symbol for change that Obama represents in the history of this country (the image you provided a couple days ago of the pictures of this country’s 44 Presidents was amazing!) and for the momentum that his campaign created.

That, and the shift that happened on Tuesday night for this country — was, as a mutual friend of ours (you share a bday with him) said , was like “our own Berlin Wall falling down”.

I hope that the crazies on Capitol Hill keep on celebrating. I hope that all Americans will remember the eloquent and exquisite words of John McCain during his concession speech (as more of us should have for our current President) — that we stand behind the man who was elected in the majority.

Is this “kiss and make up” idea wishful thinking? Perhaps. But, wishful thinking is what moves change — in ourselves, and our country.

17. JB says:

@Jeff Roach—I appreciate your post. I think it’s like a fight in a marriage: each person feels that they shouldn’t have to be the better person and apologize, because the other person was so obviously wrong! :)

I hope you can see that from the other side it feels like we’ve endured 8 years of dishonesty, “preemptive war”, torture, the politicalization of the Justice Department, and backwards movement on global warming that threatens mass starvation, and for the longest time, speaking out against anything was labeled as unAmerican, unpatriotic, and helping the terrorists. Plus we had a Congress for the first 6 years of it that wouldn’t even let Democrats read some important bills before forcing 3am votes on them. Delay and others imposed the K-Street project to force lobbying firms to hire only Republicans and lead cynical redistricting efforts to ensure a “Permanent Republican Majority”.

*This with a smaller margin of victory than BO enjoyed on Tuesday.*

So it feels ironic when the Republicans want to start to play fair, now that they are the ones who would benefit from fair play, after these years of their foot on our collective throat.

I too have experienced miscarriage and I too hate abortion. While we believe the same thing there, the abortion rate has risen dramatically under Bush, probably due to economics and lack of health care, as well as a foolish adherence to an abstinence only curriculum that has been empirically proven not to work. So I think referring to people who don’t support criminalizing abortion as “baby killers” doesn’t reflect the feeling, thinking judgement of these people, who while you may believe they are wrong, may be people of good will.

I’m not trying to list all my problems with the Bush administration (that would take a much longer post, LOL) but just trying to point out that we on the other side may also be good people, as I believe you to be, and that reconciliation as opposed to retribution is a bitter pill for us too.

18. Jeff Lam says:

@JB

being a leftist, i’d love to believe that abortion rates actually increased during the bush years… but that just doesn’t appear to be true.

19. Ben C says:

I just don’t get the whole sandbox mentality some people have obviously struggled to let go even into adulthood.

20. elderj says:

Politics is battle plain and simple. As much as we’d like to pretty it up, politics is about power and yes force. It is the power of the state that enforces a type of societal morality so the notion that morality cannot be legislated is absolutely false. Slavery was indeed legislated away despite people’s feelings to the contrary — moral suasion and “good people agreeing to disagree” did not end it; a bloody vicious war which killed hundreds of thousands and left half of the country economically devastated for 75 years did. If same sex marriage is decreed to be a right, then it will not be because Christians or anyone else has been persuaded of its virtue or morality, but because the power of the state will be behind the imposition of a preferred moral vision. So to say that morality cannot be legislated is flatly false. For 60 years the Supreme Court (Plessy v. Ferguson) made the moral judgment that separate accommodations for persons of different races as morally permissible. Brown v. Board ruled that separate was inherently unequal. Both of these were statements of public morality. For nearly 40 years at the federal level our government has made the moral judgment that the intentional murder of an unborn child is ok, and that it is morally impermissible to restrict a woman’s right to do so.

Conservative Christian supporters of the Republican party, especially those who live in the south, have been variously characterized as racist, homophobic, empty headed, moronic, single issue voters — and those are the nicest things that have been said, by people who are part of the so-called Christian left as well as by people in the media. Frankly the calls for conciliatory behavior sounds rather condescending. While I am no fan of Dobson and agree that his letter is a bit over the top, I must admit that I never thought I would live in a society where people were debating the definition of marriage as being anything other than a man and woman. Politics is the arena in which moral visions compete and one side wins and the other loses; one vision wins and the other retreats.

I agree that no party has a monopoly on morality, but I disagree firmly that the platforms of the respective parties are neutral from a moral point of view. It is flatly immoral in my view that the state should sanction and use my tax dollars to pay for unjust wars fought by illegitimate means and in contravention to agreed upon standards of international conduct. However no party supports that notion. One party definitely though supports the view that the state should sanction and use my tax dollars to pay for infanticide.

I am also frankly ill at the continued mantra that “we” should do something about poverty, injustice, etc., when those directives are given to the Church not the state, and Christians, conservative Christians especially have long been at the forefront of dealing with these issues; quietly, unobtrusively and consistently for decades.

Ok… I’ll stop ranting now. It is uncharacteristic of me.

21. JB says:

@Jeff Lam
    thanks for the link.

22. eugenecho says:

Ugh. I’ve exceeded my self imposed 5 hour limit on blogging this week. This sucker took me some time to crank out. Anyway.

@jeff: thanks. that’s what i hope to do. now, get off the blog and get ready for your wedding.

@franksabunch: i disagree. i understand what you mean. but i think faith and politics does mix. i believe jesus was fully aware of the political landscape of his time and he chose to engage it but in a very subversive way. not by force or power.

@jeff roach: your prayers are not lifted alone. many are praying that. that those in authority use their platform for good and not evil.

@rach: i think i saw you partying it up on TV.

@JB: thank you and j.roach for sharing a glimpse of your stories here. we see things differently but i think many of us come from similar places and we aspire for similar directions. the path may be different. my biggest fear about ‘the church’ is that if we lose our “different” voices, we’ll become a homogenous group that think, feel, and act alike. that signals danger for everyone.

the abortion rate: i’ve heard so many different statistics. one thing that i did share with one of our staff this week is that if lowering abortion rates is a priority for bush and for obama, why can we make it a visible commitment to the entire nation and world to see. why can we elevate the sanctity of life in all fronts. i want to see published reports from the white house that show its commitment to lowering abortion rates. i’m sure it’ll be hard but why can’t the administration release a Quarterly Report or “Nation Matters” letter. one thing i am hoping for is a more transparent leadership. i say this not to be accusatory of the bush administration but it leaves so much to “trust.” i want to trust but don’t want to trust blindly. show me – as much as you can – what is going on. are you walking the talk?

@elderj: we go into our camps. rely on the media to exasperate our stereotypes and dialogue and conversations comes to a halt. our national political leaders play politics, point fingers, and nothing gets done.

“do something about poverty, injustice…” is not just a directive to the Church. I understand that this is where some of my readers disagree with my views. But to think that the Church is exclusively responsible for God’s universal sense of justice, compassion, and mercy is inconceivable. we are to discerningly submit to government leaders because in God’s larger economy, even govts, leaders, and presidents are to yield to God.

23. Dan Hauge says:

@franksabunch: The thing is, it did require laws, and even changing the constitution, to eliminate slavery. Just like it took a Supreme Court decision to start integrating public schools. There were many whose hearts were not yet changed when those political actions were taken. Should our country have waited even longer to abolish slavery, and allowed injustice to continue even longer, until there was enough unanimity among the hearts of the people? I agree that heart change is important, and perhaps even the first priority, but I don’t see how any reading of history can deny the importance of legal and structural change in addressing these evils.

24. elderj says:

eugene – I agree with you about government’s repsonsibility. I misspoke in my earlier comment. Certainly all things are under God and must give account to him for their stewardship, including government which is to reward good and punish evil.

25. Well said, Eugene. I especially like the idea that we don’t “have” Jesus, whether red or blue–Jesus has us. Thanks for speaking out. If I ever come visit my cousin in Seattle, I would love to bring my half-Korean fam to visit your church!

26. I really appreciate what you said. It gives me hope that there are people who desire to not vote right or left but to vote Kingdom. I love your blog, it’s such an inspiration to me.

27. delia says:

Re: the issue of legislating morality and/or mixing politics and religion
    I don’t think we can mix the concept of the abolition of slavery or other freedoms that have been granted over the course of our nation’s history with the issue of now restricting rights to specific groups of people.

28. Adele Peterman, Austin, TX says:

Amen!! I just subscribed to Sojourners and read your article on that website. I so feel the same way you do about politics. My husband and I have been saying that we need a purple party…one that brings the red and blue together…and it works out nicely that purple is the color of Advent as well.

My biggest disappointment these days is the extreme loss of respect for the office of President that is pervasive and widely accepted in this country. I believe that whoever holds that office deserves our respect. We can disagree with his/her policies, but we should respect the office and the person. I cringe when I see “hate” messages on bumper stickers, T-shirts, etc. regarding the President, no matter who is holding the office at the time. This isn’t a zero-sum game!! We can all be winners, so to speak, if we can recognize, respect and be willing to compromise on our differences.

Keep sounding your message! It’s a good one!!

29. dhubka says:

This is perhaps the best post of yours I’ve read — merely from the standpoint of the range of emotions is evoked in me. From the anger, really gripping anger, that burned while reading Dobson’s 2012 letter to the unbelievable joy and hope that rose from the 52 to 48 pictures…you captured such a perfect range of responses to the election. Thank you for taking the time to put all this together.

30. Sue says:

Thank you for this post Eugene. I needed to read this.

31. bolim says:

The reality is that there is not one Christian politics, there are various forms of Christian politics. There always has been. It started with various views Jews had toward the kingdom of God. John Stackhouse writes a good article in CT on this issue demonstrating that no longer does a single evangelical politics exist http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/november/12.52.html?start=1. I think this is a good development – no longer can one party or the other manipulate all evangelicals. The difficulty of addressing politics in the church is that it is difficult to acknowledge the diversity of views. I find it difficult even within a Christian university to accomplish this and generally we possess a better platform than the church to engage in vigorous debate.

People carry different priorities with them to the polls – sometimes it is impossible to argue one is more Christian than the other. Is it more Christian to be for big government or small? Is it more Christian to vote based on philosophically differences or to be more pragmatic? E.g., is it more Christian to oppose anyone who in principle allows for any form of abortion with no exceptions even though s/he will not reduce abortion in any way or to be more pragmatic and support someone who may actually reduce abortion even though s/he is not in principle opposed to all forms of it? I agree with Stackhouse – our unity is not found in our common politics, our unity is found around the Lord’s table.

32. eugenecho says:

@bolim:

“our unity is found around the Lord’s table”

precisely. the life, death, and resurrection of Christ is the only chance for unity.

33. thanks Eugene for you your words… i remember the day several years ago when i said to a friend… “how can you be a christian and vote for _____?” I was so wrong, but caught up in what was fed me… believe this way, think this way, vote this way. that statement and others i made in the past are burned in my memory as reminders of how wrong my heart was towards those who did not agree with me and what i thought… which really wasn’t what i thought, but what someone else said i was supposed to think. I learned that to begin to think for myself and learned (still am learning!) how to accept our differences and still get along. thanks again Eugene…

34. Justify Not says:

I will be in prayer for Obama, specifically for his vision to lower abortion rates…..I dont see that happening based on the recent comments of abortion activist and president of Planned Parenthoods Cecile Richards. Her outlook on how Obama is going to assist the abortion industry is frightening. She feels Obama will:

Increase funding for abortion
    Do away with the doctors right to not administer what they consider morally wrong
    Improve access for abortion for military women overseas
    Fund abortion overseas, again.

35. [...] Viewed Posts bad hair but fruitful weekend10 best [korean] movies/films let’s kiss and make upi believe i can fly…the abortion conversationa picture says a 1000 words beginning with: [...]

36. [...] I agree with Eugene.  We, as the body of Christ, need to kiss and make up. Neither party has a monopoly on morality and certainly, not on Jesus.  Jesus has [...]

37. [...] Let’s Kiss and Make Up:  Presidential elections are over. Time to kiss, reconcile, and work together. [...]

38. [...] As I’ve shared before, I’m neither a Democrat or a Republican. I’m an independent voter/thinker and attempt to look at things issue by issue. But in regards to this news from Liberty, let me first say that I get where their administration is coming from. They have certain convictions and are trying to honor them and as a private university, they have the right to do so, right? Although, I wonder if this puts any federal funding in jeopardy… [...]

39. [...] I’ve shared before, I’m neither a Democrat or a Republican. I’m an independent voter/thinker and attempt to look at things issue by issue. But in regards [...]