prayer

Thanks to each of you for your friendship and partnership.  We live in interesting times where through the internet, certain levels of connection can take place and information can be conveyed like never before.  Perhaps, not in the most deepest level, but a certain level of ‘community’ is still possible.  I write this post to ask for prayer from the folks at Quest Church, my network of personal friends, fellow co-laborers in Seattle, and the larger community I’ve had the privilege of meeting in the past years.  Prayer is both a beautiful and mysterious gift.  It is a good thing.  I’ve also learned that it is both a personal and communal thing.  While I have no prayer cards, no prayer letter reminders, and no official prayer chain, I simply ask that as my family and I come to mind or heart, please lift up a prayer for us.

The past year has been one of the most exciting and simultaneously, the most emotionally exhausting year of ‘ministry.’  As most pastors may know, the line between ministry and personal life is simply, very nebulous.  It is what it is.  There’s ways to create boundaries but there are times those boundaries simply get thrown out the window.  Without going into much detail, it’s been gutwrenchingly painful to see people (that we love) go through intensely difficult seasons of their lives.  It has impacted the church pastors.   It has impacted my family.  It has certainly impacted me.  Please pray for wisdom, protection, and constant dependence on the Holy Spirit.  Please pray for Minhee, my family, and our health.

I also ask for prayer because the next 6 months will mark another significant season at Quest.  Within the next six months, we’ll likely conduct many meetings and forums surrounding Interbay Church  joining Quest, transition to the summer schedule, likely ‘officially’ merge the churches and experience all the excitement and bumps that come with that – culturally, logistically, and legally, go through a mini renovation project in July/August to get the current Interbay sanctuary to a place where we maximize its space and where we can continue to engage the larger city of Seattle, mentor some friends who are planting a church, and finally, get my basketball game to a level where other Questers don’t laugh me off the court.  During each ‘major transition’ at Quest, there have always been hurt feelings, misunderstandings, departures, and painful judgments.  Yummy.

The busy schedule begins this week.  I’m off to Poulsbo, Port Angeles, Anacortes, and Bellingham for a few nights to teach a class on ‘What is Culture?” as part of the Perspectives program.  My family and I are looking forward to some good rest for several weeks in August.  I’ve learned in my 16 years of ministry and 10 years of marriage, that life – marriage, ministry,  family, amongst many things — all have ebbs and flows.  There’s a time to rest; a time to play; and a time to push.  This is the season for ‘push.’

Thanks for thinking of us…

Filed under: prayer, quest church

1. Jason k says:

You and your family will always be in our prayers. God bless you and keep you strong for his Kingdom..

2. Pat says:

Tonight, and this week, I pray St. Patrick’s Breastplate for you and Quest Church. It includes this wonderful incarnational request:

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
    Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
    Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
    Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
    Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
    Christ in every eye that sees me,
    Christ in every ear that hears me.

Blessings – grace and peace to you.

3. Pastor Eugene,

You already have been on my mind and in my heart more in these last two months than in the last two years. May the Lord lead and guide, comfort and protect, shield and anoint you. Our family will continue praying for yours.

4. Esther says:

we will be praying for your family.

5. Blake says:

You’re covered, P.E. Thanks for being so vulnerable.

6. Peter Choi Jr. says:

wow. 16 years. keep pressing on, brother. prayers for you and your family.

7. e cho says:

Thanks folks for your prayers and your continual prayers.

8. Wayne Park says:

yes indeed, it is a season for “push” – I feel you on that one.

My prayer for my kids: Love God. Love people. And be there for one another for life. Most of us take water for granted.  It's as easy as turning on our faucet but approximately 748 million people in the world still lack access to clean water. This past December,  I had the privilege of visiting Myanmar and vividly remember walking the journey of what many have to do when they go to a nearby pond to get their water. As you can imagine, many get sick... We can't change the entire world but we can impact the world of some and most importantly, be changed ourselves. Partner with @onedayswages @worldconcern @miir to come alongside 7 villages in Myanmar that were devastated by Cyclone Nargis in 2008. - http://onedayswages.org Couple special days encouraging pastors and leaders from the beautiful state of Montana. Took some personal time for self-care to hike up this cliff. @SeattleQuest is on the move! Lots of mixed emotions but grateful for God's provision. We hope to move in to our new home this October.

Visit eugenecho.com to read the details and how you can pray for us. This is Makhosi Simelane - a Zulu woman in rural South Africa. There’s something about this smile that exudes hope.

@OneDaysWages is proud to launch our 75th partnership. This time with @ZimeleUSA. This grant will come alongside 150 Zulu women with training, skills, and tools. When a woman gains the farming skills to feed her children and increase her family's income,  that's what we call empowerment.
Check out onedayswages.org. Yo. I have 5 audiobooks of my book, Overrated, to giveaway. Simply like and tag someone that might enjoy the ebook special.
Will notify winners by Sat am.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,191 other followers